PnP RPG Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

774 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PnP RPG Thread

Postby PLA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:03 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:19 pm

^ A wizard?

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Hehe, that's not a bad idea.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:31 am

Two of my roomates wanted to play Pathfinder, so I set up a generic forest adventure on short notice. They're still drawing thier own grid-map a la Etrian Odyssey like my other group did. I don't have a printer or photocopier and everything is closed for Labour Day, and I only had 2 blank character sheets, so I copied one out by hand.

Anyways, I'm all ready to go when the others return with a third guy. He has played for years so I'm nervous my crappy DMing won't be up to his standards. I like new players with no standards better <__<

Edit: they draw their own map as I describe where they can go and thwn battles happen on the lego grid with thier little lego dudes, in case you wonder how we play. Figurines and grids are expensive, and this is my cheap alternative.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 am

I actually think the Lego thing is fantastic. I'd almost prefer that! : O

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 am

So, my DM and I are finally seeing eye to eye this campaign I think with how things should go for us with this system. Granted, it's the first session and already I got killed one, but he gave me an excuse to explain my survival: I got hit in the leg and was basically hobbling around, when I woke up in this cult's lair.

Dionysus--AKA Dio-- the elven survivalist (very much based off EO's survivalist in style) is amazing. That and he does parkour.

It was hilarious though, when my friend tried dragging me away when we were retreating. He fumbled, so he took my boots home with him. So, I was a limping, barefoot elf in a den full of cultists. What ends up happening:

1. I find a treasure chest at the end of a trap filled hallway.
2. Through a miracle, I manage to actually dance to the other side.
3. I screamed to call the whole cult's attention. Almost all of them blew themselves up with their own trap.
4. I made my escape.

Meanwhile, my character's pupil in parkour(my friend's character) was sleeping off his wounds and got chewed out for ditching me. XD

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:59 am

We had a blast and played from 8-11 including making new characters.

This is a very goofy group, but we were laughing the entire time. Like, the entire time.

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:33 am

as soon as I turn my euros into dollars i'm getting the Pathfinder Beginner Box.

It's about $35, and you get a bunch of pre-made characters and content, a guide to easily make your own character, a GM screen, a big dry-erasable grid, and a ton of characters and creatures you pop out with stands to hold them up (a very cheap but effective alternative to minis) and of course dice and stuff.

At this point I'm very familiar with Pathfinder/3.5, so I think I can run it, but I'll be playing with newbies, so I want something to help them out as well as me

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 am

I own the beginners box, it was given to me as a gift, the premade characters are alright, but them, as well as the four character sheets that go with, are missing several skills, and combat maneuvers entirely. It only has one adventure as well. The best part about the box is the miniatures and map, both of which have seen immeasurable use in my groups' campaigns, it depends on what you're looking for, really. Also, the premade characters in the box can actually be found on the pathfinder srd.
Last edited by Curry-Kohai on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:28 am

PLEASE STOP MAKING YOUR POSTS UNREADABLE

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 am

What are you talking about Noodles? I didn't see anything! :U

I bought the beginner's books used for 10 bucks each, I will buy the full version if and when I have a group reach past level 5 and I can afford it. My other friend group is at level 3-4.

My friends wanted to play again tonight so I threw something together. However, they invited an annoying and whiney guy. He never crossed a line that made me ask him to leave. He was better once he was having fun, but I was irked when I was preparing and he complained and when we were writing up a character for him and he complained. Just a whiney annoying dude. It was still pretty fun overall, and the group had fun so whatever.

-PLA

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 am

My phone keeps telling me the text size is erroneously large, sorry about that.

On the subject of Pathfinder, the game I played yesterday was very fun, even though we began with a rough start. (Read: a beginning thoroughly unenjoyable for all players) aside from the first couple of minutes, the only problem I had was the fact that it ruined my biological clock, since we played for about 14 hours, starting at 6 p.m.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 am

Jesus, that's a long time.

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 am

i've gone for 12 hours before... i was pretty burnt out by the end of it

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:56 pm

774 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”