PnP RPG Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

774 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: PnP RPG Thread

Postby noodles » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:01 pm

So, our second session went down today and my DM broke again. xD Last session, I rolled pretty bad for loot, so I got 1lb of ape shit as a reward. So, during this pretty ridiculous encounter (20 bandits VS 3 of us), I was brought down to low HP and it came to my friend's turn:

"I'm going ape shit," I said. My DM raised an eyebrow, not entirely surprised, and then I said. "First off, Aesov, and I agreed to do this." So, I put that pile of poop on my arrow-head and my friend(playing a character named Aesov) put an explosive enchantment on it with enough demonic energy to give it a 3 foot blast radius.

The firing squad of archers on one side of the mountain kinda got exploded in the worst kind of way. XD I felt so immature about all the toilet humor, but I always wanted to troll my DM with the things he gave me as "bad loot."

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm

you guys roll for loot?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Would it be abusing my mod powers to edit that dot into some of the posts on ItL to bug Noodles? :U

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 pm

YES

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Very yes.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:49 am

Oh man, Friday's EotE session was pretty fun. We are currently on our way to Alderaan to meet up with some rebels there. (If memory serves, they are near one of the polar caps?) I'm hoping to have some nice adventures there, meet some cool NPCs, maybe develop a reputation.

The game is in 1 BBY. Hopefully some of you get the humor of this situation.

edit: Totally wrong about the polar ice caps, btw. Our rebel contact is in the capital.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 am

To me, randomized loot shows a GM that doesn't care enough to put things the party might want or need, when I GM those sort of systems, I like to add little neat trinkets that may or may not come into use.
For instance, once I gave the adventurers a mechanical bird that could send messages to people, there was a party member with a spouse far away from where they were, and found lots of use for it, things like that make the experience complete, for me.

On another topic, does anyone get tired of certain systems when they play it consecutively? 'Cause my group's been playing Pathfinder for four weeks now, and I want to try my hand at a session or two of CoC or Paranoia.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 am

I've always found sessions to be as fun as the people playing it, myself... i've been tabletopping for like 14 years now and never really got tired of sessions or encounters or anything, but that could be my own little thing

then again, ive never had a DM make me roll for my ability scores or loot or anything... maybe i've just been pampered

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 am

going a little off topic here.... but melee tank wizards.

...best things ever.. EVER!!

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:15 am

I personally think the d20 system is fundamentally flawed. It's kind of hard for me to explain without having a one-on-one conversation, so I'll sum up: You usually miss way too often (or not often enough), and the situational modifiers are rarely meaningful.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 am

I always used to play rogues but I've been on a paladin kick these days. In video games. If I can find a group that wants to play where I don't have to DM I'll play a pally fo sho.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

774 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”