Become a Staff Member

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Become a Staff Member

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm

*sigh* Ok... here we go *deep breathe*

I'm going to try to search out and accept a single staff member for ItL. The site is just too much for me recently. I've got school and work and while I use to have loads of time to devote to my websites, my time is waning away more and more and these days when I get some free time I push ItL back and focus on something else.

But, I love my site and I wonder if maybe another staff member wouldn't help to keep me interested as well as help me. However... I HATE staff members. With a passion. After years of dealing with worthless attitudes, the thought of accepting someone makes me cringe. *Glares at Starfe* Ask him, he was part of the problem years ago :P LOL. So, be patient with me as we go through this.

First: if you think you are even going to walk away from this in a month - just don't even bother. I understand that life is going to catch us both up, but seriously, don't waste either of our time. If you don't think you are going to have the interest after a month, please - I'd rather not have a staff member.

So, the qualifications: MUST have a knowledge of HTML, working knowledge of CSS (just enough to remember and put in the proper tags when needed). Photoshop and skills would be nice, but not required - I do not mind handling that half of it. MUST be interested in gathering data to put together for guides.

Must have good spelling and grammar skills and can construct a coherent sentence and MUST be able to provide good details for a guide.

And the obvious: MUST have both games and will be getting the third game. (I think I just effectively eliminated half of you by saying this... *sigh* But, yes, you MUST have played the first game.) And, as comes part of the job, you must be willing to sacrifice your enjoyment of the third game to the occasional spoiler as we race to get guides up for the third game - this includes staring at Zaraf's maps.

MUST be willing to deal with my "perfectionism". If I don't like something that you have written - be prepared to be criticized and to be ordered to rewrite it. I don't hold back, either, so be prepared.

Responsibilities: Reporting news on the main website as well as constructing guides.

*wipes her hands* There. Good enough I guess. I honestly don't expect anyone to be interested, but I thought I'd make the fucking effort on this. Hopefully this turns out well but I have no high expectations.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Poor Maxine. I'd do it, but I'm not a good enough EO gamer to qualify. I mean, I own the games, I just don't keep up with playing the games enough to really help out.

And I wouldn't have the proper amount of time.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm not qualified AT ALL! :D

-I'm young
-only know basic computer stuff
-I'm new here
-I'm stupid

but I DO have time... lots of time... :P

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 pm

"I'm young" - Zamisk, I was 14 when I started my site mcloz.net for a class project and it rapidly evolved. Two years later I had my own host and was enjoy what I was doing, including making guides. Do not let your age be a hindrance and I would never take someone's age into account for something like this.

"only know basic computer stuff" - yeah... I want someone that does know what they are doing, though you really should pick up some HTML knowledge ^_^ it's very fun.

"new here" But you fit right in.

"stupid" No, no you are not. You are "young" yes, and have a lot to learn and maturity to gain, but really, NEVER call yourself stupid. Others may degrade you in this way, but when refering to yourself, you hold your head up high, acknowledge your weaknesses, but be confident in your own intelligence. Honestly, since you joining here, there's nothing that you have said or done that would ever suggested that you are mentally handicapped. Quite the opposite, actually. I think you are very intelligent and have a very good future ahead of you ^_^.

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:19 am

If I had any sort of HTML or CSS knowledge I'd do it, but I honestly wanted to rip my face off after a week of trying to learn it on my own

If I took a class it would probably be a different story

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 am

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:02 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:14 am

Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:16 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:19 am

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:21 am

-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:24 am

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am

-PLA

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
59 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”