Failures of Memory

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Do you sometimes forget how old you are?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 23

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Failures of Memory

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Either filling out documents or when someone asks "So, how old are you?"

I also forget how old my husband is, then I remember it's mine +3.... assuming I've remembered how old I am, of course...

What other little silly things do you often forget?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 pm

My phone number. My address. My name (because I like answer to five different things). The layout of my current room. Directions for a rode I drive down EVERY DAY.

Of course, most of those I blame on the fact I'm a Navy brat who has never lived in one place for more than three+ years.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I can general remember my phone number (sometimes I catch myself trying to give out my old landline, though, instead of my cell phone) and my address... have yet to ever forget my name...

And I have a pretty decent sense of navigation. I do get hilariously lost inside buildings, though. 6 years using the stupid university library and I NEVER could find the elevators. Take me down a hallway into a doctor's office and leave me, and I'll just stand there clueless as to which way is reception.

But if I drive somewhere I can generally find my way back (typical girl brain; I'm big into landmarks and can't judge distances or compass directions worth shit) and when I was in New York City I very quickly adapted to it.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 pm

At home, I'm "Marie" if you call me "Penna" I'm not going to respond and think you're calling mom. At work and school I'm "Penna" and will not respond to "Marie". On the internet I'm either Maxine, Maxine MagicFox, MagicFox, or Penna. The other day I was trying to log into something and kept using "maxine" when it was actually "magicfox" - the damn thing had me pounding at it for an hour. You guys have surely observed the odd phenomenon that when I'm at school I'll sometimes refer to myself as Penna.

And one day when I was on the computer I got handed a phone for my doctor's bill and for the love of GOD I actually said "Hi, this is Maxine." O_O "I-I MEAN PENNA!! PENNA!! MY NAME IS PENNA!!" This is in addition to the numerous times I've picked up the phone saying "Oh, I'm Marie Penna's daughter, let me go get her." And then mom hands the phone back to me saying, "Oh, you want my daughter." o_o;;; GAH!!

Oh and one day in my Java class I actually wrote "Maxine" at the top of my project I was about to submit before realizing my error.

And of course there are the moments I stand there and am like "... what was my name again in relation to this place...."

*sigh* WHO AM I?!?!

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 pm

I forget everything

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 am

my mom has never gotten my name right over the phone

but I have brothers

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 am

I have forgotten where I usually placed my shoes once.

And I went to school in socks that day, and when I came back and saw them in the corner of my room, i felt REALLY stupid, but at least I got to wear socks to school =D

I've also forgotten where my arm is, my name, where middle C is on a piano (I'm around pianos a lot), Where the TP is located in the garage, and most recently, my phone number.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:09 am

My worst ever was going HEY WHERE ARE MY SUNGLASSES SHIT HAVE YOU SEEN MY SU--

oh wait I'm wearing them

or the time I was talking on my cell phone and looking around my house for it at the same time

...or the countless times I ask "where are my car keys?" when I'm standing there holding them

;____; kinopoke

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:36 am

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 am

If I mix up the drawer with the silverware and the drawer with the pencils one more time...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 am

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:14 am

Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

57 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”