Coding discussion

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:47 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 pm

The more and more I look at that top banner the more I hate it. I thought it looked fine but after reopening my computer last night I realized.... what the hell...

I think I want to make the text smaller - allows for more space (I feel the words are cramped), change the text, and modify the stroke and background strip colors.

Also, there's a part of me that wants to do a style 2 without the transparency and make it an option. :( My original intent was to make these images look like a "guild card". Half of me still leans that way and I don't think I'm going to be satisfied. :(

<_< Yeah I'm going to redo that. Problem with this is I'm trying to get things done within the hour I snatch here and there. My creativity and eye for detail suffers like this.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Ok - it's done! It's as good as it's gonna get. I'm going to start creating the small images now and then it will be time for coding.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am

o_O;

I had a design idea to get an image to change with the formation that was selected. The code for the selection lists didn't work for radio buttons. I looked at the code expecting to see a little greek and uncomprehension, instead what I saw was something that was VAGUELY similar to some code in VB.net class.

Change it to what I think would work and... O_O WHAT A CHARGE TO SEE THAT IT ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKED!!

:3 I'm rather proud of myself at the moment, actually. I even tinkered it a little more and it still works. ^_^ I'm ego tripping at the moment~

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Lord Zombie
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Zombie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 am

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:01 am

*sigh* So, I'm really stumped on my current and final assignment for visual basic.

I have to use SteamWriter command to Export a List into a txt file. While that's easy enough he added in one condition.

There's a combo list box with letters of the alphabet that's to be used as a "filter". So this list (which is a random list of some countries) is filtered to just countries that start with "C".

To my knowledge, there is no way to filter this way with the listbox commands (and, btw, the filter doesn't appear in the listbox - just in the exported file). So, I decided to use a preRecord value like this:

If strPreRecord.StartsWith(strLetter) Then
strRecord = strPreRecord
End If

Problem with this is it still generates blank lines. And that's not really a problem since there's nothing against that except that I have to check and give a messagebox when there's "no criteria matching the filter". (It's just going line by line this way. In short if I'm filter for "C" I get. "No Criteria" for all the As in the list and it works for the "C"s but then I get more "No Criteria" messages for all the rest of the letters of the alphabet that don't match.")

In short: I can't use this technique.

<_< I'm so confused and lost and I keep spinning my wheels. I get the feeling the solution is easy and just something I'm overlooking. I probably need to rethink my ideas, but... -_-; ugggg, I'm so burnt out. Any hints or suggestions?

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:46 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Negzee and I should start working on it here soon when our schedules become free. We only have the coding itself left to do, everything else is set:

http://intothelabyrinth.net/mystuff/sigtest/

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Yaaay looking good

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
72 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”