Need Help Finding (Better) Sprites!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 am

:3 YATTA!! THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED, NEGZ!!

I use to have a REALLY nice sfw converter that pulled out both music and videos. Right now though I'm just using a free trial version of a program called Moyea, which really sucks by comparison and places a fuggin' watermark on videos and images and wants me to purchase.

Stealing music though is often my main goal. I've used it for the mp3s on the site when the japanese site had the demo music tracks up. The original program I had because I wanted to pull the music track from a Twilight Princess trailer that was released. So I don't particularly care about the watermark.

That's fine, though :3 When Moyea runs for the images I'm able to take my own snapshot :3

I've got some work to do this weekend! First example:

(I think it needs sharpened a little? Or is that just me? Obviously this is not an alternate color but I wanted to compare the two versions and see what tweaks need made and if I can be trusted to at least remove white background.)

[] - [] - [] - []

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 am

Looks like it, yeah. It's a tad white around the edges. Also looks a little blurry, but I don't think anything can be done about that since that's how it appears within the flash...

Edit: I mean to say I'll clean up some of the whiteness, but the sharpness may remain an issue (blame the tiredness). Though this still leaves us the problem of acquiring images that don't appear on the website. I know the English one only has 3 out of 4 buccaneers for some reason, and only 2 of each of the secret classes.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 am

yes there is a white border. I wanted to leave that in, or is that bad? I can get closer. I set photoshop to 0 tolerance. I like a nice white border effect, but if you think it should be removed completely I can tinker some more.

And photoshop can do sharpening. yes, photoshop can do that easily.

[] - [] - [] - []

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 am

Oh, well if you have all that covered then I won't even need to cut it out. Anyway I'd say try sharpening it, and only leave the white border on there if you plan to have it on a white background. But if you think it looks better with it, then leave it on...
EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:00 am

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 am

I've ripped the PNGs with alpha channel intact from the flash files and packaged them. Now there's no need for you to noodle around (if you'll excuse the turn of phrase) with all that photoshopping. All 96 class/colour combinations. Enjoy. :3

(The Prince(ss) flash files were constructed slightly differently from the others, and had the text bits separate from the main portraits. That's why the images for that class don't have the text at the bottom. One less thing to crop, I suppose.)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 am

? How did you do that negz? Was it complicated? What did you use?

Yeah I'll go through and remove that stupid text and crop and make them all look nice :3

This is awesome!

[] - [] - [] - []

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Negzee those PNG rips are pretty awesome, thanks!

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm

negzee is our hero! :D Now all we need is EO2 (and optionally, EO1) and we'll have every class sprite ever thus far!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:00 pm

And the alternate colors if they arent there. (i cant check, im on my touch)

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm

The alternate colors are indeed there, even for classes that don't have their pictures posted on the english version of the site.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 pm

NEGZ IS FANTASTIC

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Pretty much.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Decompiling/extracting stuff from SWF files isn't very hard with the right tools. Flasm and swftools are handy packages to have for these occasions.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 pm

46 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”