What did YOU get/give for Christmas?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

169 posts
zamisk
ItL Moderator

What did YOU get/give for Christmas?

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:01 am

My family did Christmas presents tonight, it was actually really nice.

Ok, some of the best things I got are The Dark Knight (Nessie), an nice pair of headphones and the "Who's Next" album by The Who (Mom and Dad), I got 50 bucks from my grandparents, and a couple of shirts also from my parents.

AND AND AND I got my cousin/best friend TWEWY which I found in Winnipeg used. I haven't seen a single copy since I bought mine. I hope he likes it. :/

And I got The Sword of Shannara for my best friend.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, NERDS.

And if you don't celebrate Christmas, [s]have a good winter break[/s] you're really missing out.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:11 am

Zach bought me the Hetalia manga. It's exciting. :D I got clothes and a movie and stuff from the 'rents. Also $50 from my grandparents. Mostly Glee stuff from my friends, as well as edible things and an awesome hat and a wallet. My best friend is taking me horse-back riding which is exciting.

I got my dad pajama pants with trout on them. And books for my mom. As well as chocolate. Also I got Zach coal. PJs for my best friend that are quite similar to the ones my mom got me. Hats and scarves and chocolate for my other friends.

And yeah. Christmas is awesome. And GUESS WHO IS COMING TONIGHT! :D (I will give you a hint, he has reindeer and a sleigh!) MERRY CHRISTMAS, PEOPLE!
Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:47 am

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Received: Zilch.

Given: Nearly zilch.

I don't really do Christmas as a shopping/gift exchange event. If there is something meaningful to do or get for someone I might do it, but otherwise I'd prefer not to create more waste.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Isn't Gabriel the angel of truth?

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:26 pm

I got Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2, Ys Oath in Felghana, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (with a Wii-Motion Plus controller, because I needed one...XD). I also got a joke gift, which was a bottle of cologne with the smell as "Jake." ... I have my own cologne fragerence.

The stocking stuffers are miscellaneous stuff. The tradition is getting me a Hot Wheels car(because my parents know deep down, I still have a thing for hot wheels tracks), lots of candy, and two new combs. XD

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:47 pm

ack, I'll post what I got here in text form later, but I'm posting my list and pics in the Recent Purchases thread like I did last year~

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Eh got few €uros from my godfather, a nice painting(well, digital art) done by my brother [spoiler][/spoiler] It looks even more amazing when you look at the painting in real life. And what else, oh yeah my mother and father bought me half year worthy subscriptions to a science magazine.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:01 am

Socks and ten dollars.

It's okay to be jealous.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:08 am

Got like 3 sketchbooks, no excuse not to draw something now.

Also Golden Sun and a phone.

Everyone gets my gifts late because I didn't get paid until Christmas eve and was broke prior due to a lot of bullshit.

kingofredlions
Ragelope

Postby kingofredlions » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:15 am

I got quite a few things;

Folklore
Uncharted 2
Prince of Persia Wii
Epic Mickey
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Dragon Quest IX
The World End With You
Ponyo
House Season 1
Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
Some Cloths
$50 to Amazon
$50 to Gamestop
Candy

Yeah, twas a good Christmas yo.

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:45 am

Also I got an awesome Scooby-Doo hat and iTunes cards from my cousins. And a necklace.
Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:43 am

^_^ Wheee~

My Received List:
KH: Birth by Sleep (Yay!!)
Super Scribblenauts :3
Toy Story 3
Despicable Me
Night gown sets
Hat and glove sets (now, I know some people think "eww clothes" but, I LOVE clothes for Xmas ^_^ they buy me stuff I'd never normally get and it's always so nice!)
A Jewelry box

From Tia: A necklace (a specific one that I really wanted... <_<; I'm TRYING to take steps to improve myself in the feminine department. ...this makes the first piece of jewelry I've ever owned and ^_^ it's my first jewelry box... ... this necklace is going to look lonely hanging all by itself so o_O; I'm going to have to get some more, I think. It's not that I don't like jewelry just... there's so many other things I'd rather buy, you know? But, deep down ^_^ I'm still a girl and I love being dazzled by pretties)

AND FINALLY from Clarissa: :3 I have four Japanese style blades. I don't think they are katanas, but honestly, they are just for show so it doesn't really matter. But, :O THEY ARE SO FUCKING GORGEOUS!! ..... :( I need to get me some kind of stand or something to properly display them. ^_^ Yay! I now have five blades in total!! I'm so going to take some pictures of them. (Yes, it sounds geeky but in all honesty if anyone ever asked, I've got a hidden passion for swords/blades in general. I've borrowed books from the library that were all about swords and medieval weaponry. I prefer a good european straight blade, but curved blades are just as majestic. Oh and this passion also includes knives. Tia got my dad this gorgeous knife that I SWEAR I WILL steal one day.

Oh and also: $100 from an uncle. ...... I... intend to send him a very heartfelt thank you card, but, I just don't think that could express how awed I am by the gift. <_< He sent all three of us $100. ^_^; ..... I feel wrong about taking this money. It's not like we are particularly close. I mean dad's brothers are wonderful but due to distance or just general dislike we've never been close to any of our aunts or uncles.

Tch. He should keep this money for himself. Lord knows he needs it far more than we do. >_> $20 or so or just a nice Christmas card would have been more than enough. x_x dummy

*cough* Ok, enough about that:

Gifts given:
Mom: Keurig coffee maker - one of those that you buy the individual packets that look almost like creamer but are special coffee blends. Went in it together with Tia. Also, while it is Clarissa's gift, it included us all: a professionally done portrait of the three of us siblings. Mom was moved to tears by it. We've not had our photos professionally taken since Rissa was a baby.

Dad: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Tia: Third season of a tv show we are watching together, AND I went half and half in with Mom to get her this sewing machine that she has been eyeing.

Clarissa: Both volumes of the Death Note anime set

Anyways, final verdict: It was a BEAUTIFUL Christmas. ^_^ Tia actually managed to AWE my ever-so-picky-and-stubborn dad (who even actually guesses what we've given him). $100 for an insulated pair of overalls for when he's out working on our cars. o_O she didn't even mention to me that she had gotten that for him! Normally prices exceeding $60+ we start asking the other siblings "so, wanna go half and half in on this with me?"

I can't even imagine how much she struggled to save up for that for him. ^_^

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:00 am

a watch, a new car CD player(!), and a couple movie tickets

I gave four Humble Indie Bundles, Welcome to the NHK, Torchlight, 20 PSN dollars, and some candy

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:20 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

169 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”