Health, Fitness and Discipline

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

228 posts
Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Health, Fitness and Discipline

Postby Cottontofu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

*hugs* In that case you should tell your doctor that it's an emergency, since those side effects are intense. Maybe he/she'll give you an appointment before next week.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm

He's on vacation this week, but it's okay, I remembered the car sickness pills I used to take as a child, and those things apparently work for general nausea too. I still have no appetite, but now I can at least force myself to eat something. Yay, progress.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Well, that turned out quite different than I expected.

In retrospect, the recent bout of sickness/lack of appetite could just as well have been related to an unsuspected infection/abcess I had. Details are a bit TMI, but Thursday night I had to go to the first aid post, and was given an appointment for the next morning for minor surgery/wound cleaning at a local hospital. Yesterday's posts/tweets were from there (and limited because half the day I spent recovering/resting). I stayed there overnight and was released this morning. I'm now staying at my parents again until the (small) wound is properly healed.

Fuck my life :( Just when I felt I was getting over my depression, this happens.
But at least I'm getting better now :)
Kimiko

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 pm

That sounds rough, it's good to hear that you're getting better, rest well!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Kimiko

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Cottontofu's body: I need more sleep and energy, you're clearly overdoing it!
Cottontofu: Hey I have finals and other tedious tasks to do, you should have already got used to it.
Cottontofu's body: Then I'll ask for more food and weaken my immune system.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am

Woke up groggy and super dizzy, that was so horrible I couldn't concentrate on my tasks...

But I'm recovering steadily by drinking hot tea.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:13 pm

So I've finally returned to the gym. The past few years have been very stressful: getting married, planning a wedding, terminally ill father in law, planning a funeral, supporting my wife and two new jobs in three years. Yeah stressful. So the gym took a huge step back and for the past 12 months I probably only went ten or twenty times.

The past three weeks I've been getting back into a routine with it and have gone about 10 times. I'm really hoping to carry on with it and get back to where I was a few years ago :).

[ | | | | ]

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm

I often hike up some local mountains with friends (Mt. and , specifically), so I'm feeling really out of shape considering I haven't been able to hike them during these past few winter months.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:28 pm

is the closest thing we have to a mountain locally, it's just a big hill really.

[ | | | | ]

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

I'll "skip legday" a while. Feels too much.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:04 pm

^ It feels better up to a point, then you overdo it and think, "this is not a comfortable set of legs to have, better dial it down for now."
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 am

Clinical diagnosis? You seriously expect a licensed professional to hang out on this forum, and give you a diagnosis based on an 8 line forum post?
Kimiko

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 am

I went to the chiropractor today. Turns out I've got sciatica? But now I can't remember if he said it was from a herniated disk or spinal stenosis... Either way, it means I'm on the bench from hot yoga for a few weeks and it probably isn't safe to run either.

:( I'm going to miss it. Even though it wasn't helping the back pain I've had the last two weeks, it sure made the rest of me feel amazing. I'll have to figure out a back safe routine to keep up in the meantime so I don't lose all my progress.

I'm too young for this sh*t! D<

228 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”