Health, Fitness and Discipline

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

228 posts
Hong
Manticor

Re: Health, Fitness and Discipline

Postby Hong » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:34 am

I'll just have to double my routine in spirit of your desires, Trifkin. (◡‿◡✿)

But alas, I understand. That feeling of stiffness you get when you have to step away from a routine activity, and the craziness that is the knowledge that is how your body was like all the time prior, but you just had not known enlightenment!

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:41 am

Oh, I know! I really don't want to give up the yoga, but I also want to get better. So. Boo. I'll just have to exercise vicariously through our lovely Hong! ~<3

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:38 am

I'll not exercise too, in a show of solidarity. I got your back, Trifkin.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:30 pm

You're so brave, Zam. ;-;

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I... I'll honour Zamisk's noble sacrifice. ( 〞_ 〝)>

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:24 pm

First time back on the cross trainer in nearly two months and even then it was a one off, haven't been regularly since about March. 10k in an hour, not too bad but no where near as good as I once was.

Happy that I've lost a few kilos since I last weighed myself though, especially as I thought I had put loads of weight on. I suffer with lots of food intolerances and regularly bloat to look like I'm pregnant, so to know that I'm only about 80k at 6'3" is good :).

[ | | | | ]

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Arrgghhh, my back still hurts and I miss running and yoga. I still haven't figured out a safe alternative routine either, so I'm on the express train to Flabbytown. Dx

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cottontofu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Get well soon Trifkin!

I might be unable to continue judo because of my hectic schedule that changes every week @_@

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Starfe » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:43 am

I've lost about 10 pounds since school started up again. Thats probably super unhealthy, but my shirts fit again, which is nice.

Also I found some grey hairs in my beard, which is kind of crazy. Teaching is going to be the death of me.

Also, get well soon Trifkin. Might I recommend a strong scotch?

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Ah, that sounds like a great solution.

Starfe, remember to tryyyy and take care of yourself! I only have so much matronly scolding to go around, you know.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:44 am

I have been gearing my training more towards appearances lately. Between last winter and now, at some point I have somehow managed to gain love handles. Not anything that bulges, but I tend to have a lot of form-fitting attire for the fall and winter, so I want to regain that figure.

I actually have not gained any weight, and my abs still have definition. Thus, to now have love handles just means I need to work more on the sides, back, as well as thighs, and continue with my core workouts.

Also, now that there is cooler weather, I'm walking a lot more. To my practicum and back is nearly 2 hours. Of course, I don't want to look all gross when I get there, so it's a leisure walk on the way to destination, and a power-walk on the way home.

I've applied my knowledge of tonics to make my own shakes to help keep my body balanced and alleviate some fatigue. It's chocolate flavoured! Well, I'm working more on the flavour part...

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:53 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:23 am

I'm going to be losing strength over the next few months. No plan. No routine. Occasional, heavy lifts that mostly break without compensation.

Lovehandles could conflict with an overall aesthetic. Though some styles bank on conflicting elements.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:47 am

This week's sleep lineup included a 4:30am, a 3:30am, and what's looking like a 3:00 am.

The day that was 4:30 I worked on drawing assignments from 10:30 that morning till 4:30 the next morning. I have put well over 30 hours on homework alone this week, let alone the 6 hour classes, half of which I also work on homework.

I need to start taking better care of myself, I'm worn out.

-PLA

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:08 am

I had to sprint home from the bus stop and back again to get my portfolio this morning before my bus arrived. It made me realize I am ridiculously, severely, horribly out of shape. My blood felt like battery acid for a while and my chest hurt all day. I am going to try and start running, at least on the running thingie we have in the basement while it's cold and icy outside. Because, jesus. I should be able to run a block or two.

-PLA

228 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”