Health, Fitness and Discipline

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

228 posts
Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Health, Fitness and Discipline

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 am

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:26 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:39 pm

I've heard that testosterone or similar in larger quantities is required for training to lead to significant muscle growth. Don't know of anyone who's tested this, but it makes for a nice excuse to not try.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:55 pm

^ Testosterone is a growth-hormone. "Significant" is an awkward measure.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 am

I just pedaled for almost 45 straight minutes and didn't feel like dying afterwards. @_@

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm physically exhausted, that's what I'd expect from judo (no complaints) but my oppenent almost choked me by accident.
I'm doing fine but it means I have to learn to breathe and use my opponent's strength to not get exhausted so quickly.

Benslo
Ragelope

Postby Benslo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 pm

You have highlighted a very correct thing basically its our need we should discuss this all as much as we can.
Fitness does matter a lot this article helped me glad to see it.

"EMR News"
8D Yacenda drive, Suite 1
Morris Plains, NJ 07950

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:56 pm

I want a sparring partner/training dummy so bad...

If I had time and money I'd go for karate or shorinji kenpo, to complement what I learned from judo.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 pm

...a cramp

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Talking about cramps my body aches, I must have overdid it, but it was totally worth it :3

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:46 pm

doyogawithme.com also has some pretty good videos.

Garrett, do you happen to notice whether or not these stomach pains occur after eating certain foods? My roommate tends to get terrible stomach pains when she eats wheat... though she vehemently denies any gluten intolerance. And I get stomach pain when I eat a lot of white sugar or anything with a lot of corn syrup. Dx

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm

trifkin, i don't think it's a stomach pain so much as a spasm of the abdominal muscles. in which case it could be a lot of things, but exercise is a good idea, or at least stretches.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Cottontofu's body: I want more food, otherwise I won't be able to produce energy for all the shit you have to do everyday. And for crying out loud get more sleep!
Cottontofu: Wait, I had 2 big sandwiches for lunch! *collapses*

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40 am

Kimi's body: You don't feed me enough, so I'm going to feel sick. Ha, now you don't even feel like feeding me.
Kimi, weakly: *bluh*

The new antidepressant I'm taking worked great for my mental wellbeing, but not so much for my physical wellbeing. Nausea and general weakness. I have an appointment with my GP next week to ask for something against the nausea. Can't feed my body if I fear the food'll just come back up.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

228 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”