Health, Fitness and Discipline

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

228 posts
Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Health, Fitness and Discipline

Postby Twat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 pm

I have always wanted a topic of this sort, so I took the liberty in generating one on my own.

In this topic, you can talk about all matters in regards to health and fitness. This includes, but is not limited to: body building, exercise routines, healthy life choices, dietary needs, yoga, tai chi (any form), weight loss goals or even any martial arts you may be undertaking.

---

My daily yoga regiment has been an important part of my life for quite some time now, but lately I have been spending much more time with yoga than usual. Sometimes an hour at a time, far from the brief stretch and breathing exercises of the past. Starting to feel more meditative, instead of just focusing on easing tension. has been a wonderful resource in this regard.

Alarmingly I noticed I have put on 4 kg of weight as a result of the New Years (both solar and lunar) and other celebrations as of recent. This has put me over 70 kg in weight (at 188ish cm in height)... Must once again invoke greater self-discipline and stop compulsively snacking while I work at a computer.

SAL
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SAL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 pm

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 pm

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:14 am

I try to cook healthy for my husband's sake especially; he needs to lose some weight. He's been slowly working off the pounds just by tweaking his diet; not eating out, portion control, not stress eating like he's prone to do. I cook pretty much whatever I want, but I just make sure I use smart substitutions -- olive oil, reduced fat products, lean meats, that kind of thing. Whenever I buy cereal I try to get low-sugar and high-fiber varieties so he isn't just eating empty calories.

Neither of us drinks soda, although we do drink beer and Mr Kino loves drinking milk (from the carton, might I add!)

One thing I'm looking forward to is bicycling to work once the weather gets warmer and daylight lasts long enough so I'm not bicycling home in the dark. I really miss bicycling. Also Mr Kino and I can go for walks around the neighborhood. The neighborhood is surrounded on three sides by water, and there's a lovely walking path.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am

I'm 6"4' ish and 140 pounds. I eat a cubic ton of junkfood every day too. Is there no justic in this world?

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 am

Ectomorphic body types such as ours have a hard time building weight, and muscle. I have been eating the worst one possibly could for two months to get four kg. If I go back to just eating the way I was last year I will probably lose what little weight I have.

Except my buttocks. That darn thing is annoyingly large.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 am

I build up muscle really fast, but i never bother so i'm still weak :T

-PLA

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 am

-PLA

228 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”