Wii Successor

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wii Successor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:07 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 am

Oooooooh

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 am

in before it's the next Dreamcast (with Nintendo maybe even pumping out console-specific games using their brands, like Sega does. See "Sonic the Hedgehog" on the 360).

if they did this a year or two ago it would be alright, and people would be buying a lot more big-name games for nintendo systems. But if they announce something now, they probably won't have anything ready for when the PS4 and Xbox Triple come out. And with the NGP, Nintendo actually has competition in the handheld market now, so who knows what's in store for the company.

I'm still waiting on

EDIT: Did you know that wikipedia links don't work as hyperlinks when they have parentheses in the URL? True story.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 am

When you're alone, always remember:

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 pm

URLs with parentheses do work. You just have to spell them properly (i.e. %28 and %29).
Here's your link again:
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 pm

thank you kimiko.

and Scy yeah that's basically what I was saying because Sony and Microsoft will probably have their stuff out in, what, 2014? Developers are going to want to work with the NEW technology.

I miss the Dreamcast :<

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Really?! And I just got a Wii for christmas too... damn upgrades and stuff...

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Update from .

Additionally, we have learned that the system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster. The system will support 1080p output with the potential for stereoscopic 3D as well, though it has not been determined whether that will be a staple feature. In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). As reported last week, it will indeed utilize controllers with integrated touchscreens and be capable of streaming games to each controller, though given the power of the system, could also feasibly provide a virtualized console for each individual unit. Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company. :D :D :D

This and the 3DS Lite are gonna bleed my wallet dry, but I think it'll be worth it.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:30 am

There was a Dreamcast at work today, I wanted it, but I can't buy anything on the days that I work. ;~;

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

the Dreamcast was cool

i remember watching my cousin play it when i was reallllly young

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:20 am

I still laugh at every "look it's more powerful than a PS3/360!!!!!!" report.

It's been, what, 7 years? Of-fucking-course it out performs them.

That said, that IGN write-up somehow seems outdated. I dunno, I can check I guess. The touchscreen is a 6" non-multitouch (800x500? resolution, if I recall) and is for streaming content without turning on a TV. I don't think the specs are actually hammered down but the most reliable source does say the R700 chipset is most likely involved with the triple-core PowerPC chipset. Though, to be fair, both are kind of obvious choices.

[spoiler]Though it is worth noting ... while the proposed specs are better, they're not vastly better. Kind of a small jump over PS360 considering the time gap.[/spoiler]

15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Discussion Section”