Favorite Anime and Manga

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

348 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Her little trio of Japanese school girls she has trained like dogs to follow her around is... disturbing.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:08 am

I LOVE the feel of holding a scan in my hand and reading the tank, but that might have come from the fact that I had started out reading scans but had never so much as ever seen one in real life. Then my sister one day says that she thinks she found me a place where they sold manga. I was like "TAKE ME".

^_^ My first experience with a tank was a good one, too. It was Angel Sanctuary vol 1.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 pm

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2008/08 ... llion-yen/

That's kind of encouraging. :3 I can't wait to see this one!

I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I ever get to see it :(

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:03 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Hm...this is tough. I was never good at posting favorites. I have seen very few animes from beginning to end anyway, and I don't know if I ever read an entire manga series...I've only been REALLY into anime for a few years (but man did it come hard and fast) but I always liked it as a kid on cartoon network.

Anime: (note that I'm only listing things I've seen every episode of. There are plenty of other things I've seen a little of and plan on seeing all of, like Saikano, Desert Punk, and Gunslinger Girl)

Azumanga Daioh. It's hilarious, touching, and makes you feel like part of a family. I was sad when it ended, it was like saying goodbye to friends ;~;

Rozen Maiden. I originally got into it because I wanted to know what the whole Desu business was about, and because I liked their clothes. I saw this in the depths of my depression, when I spent most of my time in fantasies. Having a doll companion that accepts me will always have a special place in my fantasies. I fell in love with ALL of the characters (I never got why people hate Hina and Kana) and love their designs. The part about dream worlds and trees that represent your soul really spoke to me, because I have similar experiences. First anime to make me cry ;~;

Neon Genesis Evangelion (and the movie). I think this story of man's attempt to be something more, as well as the struggle of a few individuals, was very ingenious and very significant. It's a great story, certainly one of the greatest. I don't know if I can call it the GREATEST ANIME EVER like so many of my friends have said, but it certainly is worthy of praise. The movie made me cry ;O; and did a good job of ending the story.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: A beautiful rendering of the beautiful light novels. Beautiful characterization, beautiful animation, beatiful story; is there anything that Haruhi doesn't have? Although I think the anime did some things better than the books, the latter is still my favorite. Nothing like really seeing and hearing the characters, though. Definitely the highest quality anime I've ever seen.

I think that's it...now, manga/light novels (just putting down stuff I've read and have interest in):

Saikano: I've read the first book and man that was heart-wrenching. I love how it's like "lol high school romantic comedy" and then WHAM BAM SLAM APOCALYPSE "I'm the ultimate weapon." I was always into lovefaggotry (effectionate term my friends use for love movies/books/anime/whatever) and sad stuff, even as a little kid, but this more than anything I've ever seen or read crams so much emotion into it's images and dialogue.

Rurouni Kenshin: I was turned off to the anime because I thought it was feudal japan shit, and man after being into inuyasha when I was younger (I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID, IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO REALIZE EVERY EPISODE WAS THE SAME) I was just tired of feudal japan. But a friend forced me to read the first book, and HURF DURF it's not feudal japan at all; it's the meiji-era modernization era that I've loved since I saw the awesome movie The Last Samurai. I loved the characters, the story, the fights, everything. I plan on getting book 2 from her, I think she has the whole thing or somethin.

Rozen Maiden: Even though I heard bad things about the manga, I still plan on checking it all out. I read the first book and absolutely loved the art style and overall feel of it all. I was falling in love with Rozen Maiden all over again. The eyes are made out of criss-crossing lines! And there's even more lace on their dresses...is Peach-Pit a bunch of chicks/gay guys? My friend bought Shugo Chara and discovered that it was a silly shoujo manga and not suitable for his male tastes. I love Rozen Maiden, though. I love the idea of living dolls, for whatever reason. I lover their joints, it makes them look created.

Negima: I gave this series a chance, and it almost lost me at the first book. I didn't want to read a silly school harem manga, and the first book looked like it was shaping up to be just that. The second volume, though, revealed the series' true colors. It's modern fantasy :D I'm on volume 13 now...I love it...so much. The characters, the story, and especially the themes really grab my heart. I saw a little bit of the anime...and...yeah I'm not going to spend money on that. But the manga is worth every cent. I've come close to crying, but...haven't gotten there yet. Crying is like an emotional orgasm to me. (Best way I can put it :/)

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:43 am

aaand I somehow managed to forget the Haruhi light novels. For those of you who haven't read them, I recommend looking up some translations. Many translations are butt awful, but I got over that pretty fast, as books play like a movie in my head when I read them, and odd ways of saying common phrases didn't distract me from that. The Haruhi novels greatly expand the Haruhi universe if you've only seen the anime. Seriously, after watching the anime, I loved Haruhi. After reading the novels, I was so in love with the story that I....actually wrote a short fanfiction (and I'm working on a longer one). No anime has ever inspired me to write a fanfic before, let alone steamy lovefag fanfiction. It's just that...the novels do such an incredible job of characterizing Yuki...she just becomes so captivating, so enthralling.

If you can't stomach the translations, then wait for Haruhi season 2 (The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya) which is coming early 2009 I think. The stuff in that series, from what I've heard, are taken from my favorite books in the Haruhi series.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:57 am

Obviously we have a Haruhi-nut here SO! I have a feeling you'll like this info:
http://www.animenation.net/blog/2008/08 ... announced/

Meh, me... the series was ok, but I don't think it is worth all the fame and popularity it got. I'm indifferent.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:48 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:55 am

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
348 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”