Favorite Anime and Manga

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

348 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:58 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:02 am

*nods* well, holding hands is cute for a series like bokura ga ita, but even bgi had a "minor" sex scene (:3 cute because it was fouled by a returning mom).

Nah, I want sex scenes. Love sex scenes, but... *sigh* hardcore just gets on my nerves, particularly in manga. The only hardcore manga love scene I've ever thought was done nicely and enjoyable was in Saikano.

Hehe, just don't forget the stuff that I like:

<3 my beloved Angel Sanctuary :3

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:14 am

It's annoying to see sex scenes omitted from, say, Anime BASED ON AN H-GAME. At least make a reference that they had sex or something instead of this wishy-washy "lol happy days to come" ending.

Of the past like 10 H-game based anime I've seen/read, I think two had a "oh look they had sex" moment (three if I cheat and count both story arcs in one of them). Uh ... considering the source material, that's pretty damn bad.

I can't think of too many things I've seen/read that had a sex scene integral to the plot that was shown (actually, right now, the only thing I can think of is Elfen Lied but that's not even the same category as this). Probably mostly due to stuff like that wouldn't exactly be easy to air which is probably why implied is enough for me these days.

I could just be missing things since there's a few years where I watched absolutely nothing but I doubt it >>. If you want story with your sex, it's pretty much "quality" doujins, I suppose (ie, Studio Kimigabuchi). Frankly, I just want them to have sex and have it IMPACT THE GOD DAMN PLOT. A bit tired of this pre-teen romance stuff >>.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:20 am

-_- I want to read/play another visual novel... *sigh* hentai or not... damn Ever17 was so great... Tsukihime was fun, too, even if a little badly scripted. (Prob is, I got both games via free download from a friend - I bet Maia could guess who.)

That being said, Ever17 had the "oh, they had sex here" thing. And Tsukihime's anime... I've not really watched all of but DEAR GOD, that anime is fucking bad, but I do recall that there is a "sex scene here" moment where things went hentai in the game.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:26 am

Fate-stay/night is pretty good and nearly fully translated (think they just have Heaven's Feel left); there's a Clannad translation nearly done though that's not an H-Game (SURPRISE!). There's a few others if you look around hard enough ... or just don't care and use a guide for the choices ... though that's really not fun (and totally made my first Fate play a tad uh ... boring).

Since these will probably never ever release here, here's a link (feel free to remove if you'd rather not have it here)
[spoiler]

Just realized that Clannad page hasn't seen an update since APRIL so it's possibly dead.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:29 am

>_> I have no interest if translations are not completed (I read fast... Tsukihime took me 4 days - no cheats, all paths - and Ever17 only took me a week because I chose to listen to the voices :3), though, thanks for the links.

? Is Fate/Stay Night hentai as well? Considering Tsukihime and the harem I saw starting in the first eppy, I'm going to assume so, but I never watched the anime and don't know anything about it.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

Yeah, Fate/stay night is Hentai as well. Like Tsukihime, the H-Scenes don't make up more than maybe 5% of the game to be honest but TYPE-MOON's stories are pretty awesome which, to me, warrants a playthrough.

Also, there's the option to use Realta Nua's (PS2) .iso's to patch in the voices for Fate/stay night, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heavens Feel (and maybe Hollow Atarexia?).

Edit: Just a note, those above links are just stuff on the translations and not the actual games themselves ... but it's not THAT hard to find the games.

Utawarerumono, despite having the strangest name ever (that I somehow pretty sure typed right), is also pretty interesting.
Last edited by scy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:37 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:42 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:55 am

Hey Maxine. Wanna send me that link to Ever17? You make it sound sooo interesting. =D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

? Really? Errr... there is no sex "scene" and there's a LOT of crying girls?

http://mcloz.net/images/desktop8.jpg
http://mcloz.net/images/desktop9.jpg

:\ *wonders if she's breaking her own rules* Well, see, it was brought over here and translated professionally, but the company went out of business.

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Marketing- ... _f_i_k2a_4

^ You can buy it from third-party sellers on Amazon, however.

As for where I downloaded it, the link no longer exists anyway. Though, from the brief look up I did... you really really shouldn't have a problem finding alternate means. However, the game is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and BREATHTAKING and I'm seriously planning on getting my own hard copy of it for preservation, especially now that the company is out of business.

[] - [] - [] - []

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

So after a good deal of prodding from a buddy of mine I watched Guren Lagann. It was pretty cool, but in the middle. The cause of this was the introduction of a new character, whose name I won't mention if someone hasn't seen it. I liked the way the mechs looked, and was glad that there were no whiney people really, it all eventually gets to the burning RAGE. Kinda like this show GaoGaiGar, which is pretty good.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

348 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”