Pets! And stories

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

184 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Re: Pets! And stories

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Ashley doesn't seem like she's that old.

About the only difference is that she's less active and can't jump up on to counters and furniture like she could in her youth. She's softened up and become a big sweetie, too, but that's because she's been with the family for over 16 years. Initially she was really stand-offish. Wouldn't let me pick her up/hold her, didn't really want much to do with me. I was pretty determined to love her and play with her and be best friends forever, but it was definitely a slow process.

I taught her how to play hide-and-seek, though. I'd put her in the middle of the living room and then go hide behind furniture. The game was to sneak up on her, but she'd try to sneak up on me, so we'd end up crawling around the edges of the sofa and comically peak around the same corners at the same time.

Also on the subject of food theft, Ashley once ninja'd her way over the back of the couch and stole a delicate bite of my cheeseburger... while it was in my hand.

And you couldn't leave a glass of water unattended in her presence. She'd immediately knock the water over and then just stare at it. Like every single time her reaction was just "Oh. It's wet. Huh."

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:21 pm

^

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am

Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, I prefer older animals over the younger ones any day. Sure there's no beating the cuteness of a kitten, but I love the calm existence of an older feline. That "hmph... I'll move... on my own terms and if I decide I have the time". Kittens are just too rowdy and I hate never knowing what their personality is going to turn out to be. It's best to get an older cat who has settled into the mind set of how they feel the world should work.

That's not to say that an older cat is boring. Hell no. Zoey plays just as much as a kitten some days. ^_^ Which is fun... and even better when you know that after fifteen minutes she'll have had her fill and we can both go back on our separate paths.

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:47 am

^ Kittens are very predictable. What's the stupidest thing to do? That's what they'll be going for. If there's no obvious answer, they'll instead ram walls and furniture at full speed.

Old animals get sick and panic.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:21 am

One time my sister was sleeping on the couch and our cat jumped on her. But at the exact second the cat made contact with my sister's body, she shifted around which scared the cat and made her jump off of my sister. To me it looked like my cat had done a double jump until I realized what had happened. I thought my cat was magic for a few seconds.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:33 pm

....... I purchased a cat toy for my cats. One of those flimsy rods with feathers at the end. I've played with them before with these toys.

Lily has a favorite toy that she likes. It's one of those round boards that you can hit the ball and send it going around the track and in the middle is a scratch board. I love the thing. I can buy refills for it and it just needs a biweekly cleaning. Lily loves the sound of the ball ^_^ but she rarely bats it around. She gets over to it and realizes "oh! scratch time!" LOL but it is still a "toy" for her and she LOVES it. Can't resist the sound.

The feather toy was purchased primarily for Zoey. She loves these toys and laser lights. Except we lost our laser light and these past few weeks she has showed very little interest coming upstairs and when she does she is fussy.... I think she's bored :(

So, I haven't gotten to play with Zoey with the new toy yet, but I tried to play with Lily... o_o except... I THINK SHE'S AFRAID OF IT!! She shows interest when I slowly move the toy behind something, but when I put it near her as I'm use to doing, she freaks out and runs away.

*sigh* what the heck.... I hope Zoey likes it... maybe seeing Zoey playing with it will warm Lily up to it. ... I don't get it... I've played with her with this toy before MANY times.... I can't see anything different with it...

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 am

ASHLEY WILL LIVE FOREVER

incidentally my parent's house did not burn down and my other cat, Thomas, is safe

someobe pointed out how funny it is my cats both have human names (Ashley and Tom) and I was like YOU WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF IT

shit I wish I had a cat RIGHT NOW to cuddle because cats are awesome

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 am

*picks up Lily and stuffs her face in her fur* ^_^ Yep, cats are AWESOME.

[] - [] - [] - []

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 am

yayyy Thomas is safe \('A')/
cats are so cool =)

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm

^_^ It's fun to see what cats are liable to eat. Dogs will eat everything and they are just boring but there's something about cats.

:3 Lily likes... Pork rinds XD oh and cheese... just not in excess. Just a small sliver. Then I think the taste gets on her nerves. Of course, TUNA!!! I'm convinced she knows the shape of the can. She knows when I pull it out.

Zoey likes gravy. Dog food gravy, cat food gravy...
oh and.... Tuna.

:( My old cat Max, before he passed away, loved olives. *sigh* I still remember that... :( *sigh* I miss him.

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

^ Theysa isn't strict carnivores.

However, they will cut a bloody swath through the local ecosystem. A single cat is a natural disaster in the world of small things.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:51 am

I find it funny you had a cat named Max =P

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 am

Tuna is one of the most delicious of fish.

184 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”