Pets! And stories

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

184 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Pets! And stories

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 am

So... in the NSFW section we got slighty off topic and (I) started talking about pets.

:3 So!! HERE WE GO!! A topic all about pets. (I can't remember if we had a pets topic before or not.)

Anywho, we have three dogs in our family along with two cats. A two year old white pitbull-mix: Ash. A twelve year old pure bred beagle: Blou. A two year old shitzu-mix: Cody. Ash belongs to my sister Christina, actually. She moved in, never moved out, the dog has stuck around, too.

And our cats, a six year old black short hair: Zoey. And Lily a four(?) year old long hair ... I think "tortoise shell" is closest to her color: Lily.

In case it's a question: Blou was bought at a pet shot (not fixed), Cody was free from a friend (not fixed). Ash and the two cats are from the SPCA <3 (fixed). I sometimes think we should seriously discuss getting Cody fixed and that might solve some major problems.

Ash has been a handful since he came to stay. He has a major thing against cats... we moved them downstairs :( (grrrrrr) but it was only suppose to be temp until my sister moved out. She did, and Cody was fine with him during the stay. But then she came back again and this time has been more permanent.

This time, though, Cody has a major issue with him. Ash doesn't give a damn but Cody (FUCKING LITTLE SHITZU!!) barks at him and tries to attack him... we now have the house broken off into two sections with a door downstairs and a door upstairs. One for Ash, one for Cody. Fortunately, the basement and the cats are on Cody's side <3 so they are now able to come up stairs and life has settled into a routine we can live with. We make sure to always know where the dogs are before we let Ash or Cody out.

Blou couldn't care less. :\ Cody is such a bully, though, and bullies him! I love Cody but there are times I want to drop kick the little shit. >_< (I NEVER WOULD!!) Uggg, if Blou was younger he wouldn't put up with your little attitude!

:( It's so sad, though. Blou is starting to suffer from joint pains. There are some days that are so bad he doesn't even want to get up and move. :\ We (my sister) also this past week just spent $800 to get some of his teeth removed. :( They were so bad. T-T He didn't even want to eat half the time. :3 But it's great to see a return in his appetite since then!! OMG I can't remember the last time he was this voracious. I hated it, a few days after the surgery he was kicking his bowl demanding more but the vet had given us strict dietary orders. .... T-T SO SORRY, BLOU!! Knowing the animal was starving and not able to give him the food was hard. He didn't understand... he just kept kicking the bowl around. *sob*

What really has us bothered, though, is there's a strange sore on his body right by his leg. We had to take him back, spending another $200 for the wound and meds. :\ The vets say it looks like a burn... what the hell.... *sigh* The worst part of it is, while they gave us a cone... Blou easily pulls it off and despite having missing teeth he can still bite and he is ADAMANT about NOT wearing that thing. And he will NOT let us touch the wound to put the salve on. *sigh* ........... what to do........ -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pets! And stories

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:01 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 am

Birds.

I have birds. 4 of them, parrots all.

Day in and day out, they will release screams of anger and madness, to strike past my defenses at my very eardrums, without rhyme or reason, forewarning or pattern.

I fear for my sanity. Even as the day I once again escape this sonic hell draws ever closer, I cannot shake the feeling of dark, multicolored wings drawing up behind me, ever closer, anticipating the day when I will be unable to avoid them. That day, they will rise up about me on all sides, open their beaks wide, and utter a single sound that will sunder the silence forever...

BAWK.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 am

I had a beta fish named Epsilon for a year, then it died

Then I got a second one called Fluffy

he died in a week

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am

Used to raise cats. Sold and donated many. Popular. Good stock.

Took care of my uncle's old cat until it died. Was the Zaeed Massani of cats.

Mine are dead now. My father still has a sterile one.

He has dabbled with horses, cows and hens. Mostly hens.

Done some work with bees.

Had dogs for a long time. Preference for large labrador-golden retriever mutts. Black ones. Died. Fish. Mostly guppies. Mussels. Crawfish. Died.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm

One time my dog chased a June bug and caught it. Then he ate it. I think he enjoyed it.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm

I have two cats--Dolce and Dexter and a yellow lab named Milli.

Dolce's this really shy and quite cat--tiny too. She just hides most of the day, or sleeps on my bed. Dexter just bugs Milli because they have similar fur colors, I think. XD I never thought there would be a day I'd tell my dog to drop my cat.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I have three cats, a parrot, and a lizard. I've had many more things, like turtles and dogs and ducks.

My parrot and lizard both want to kill me.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Did you kill a dinosaur in a previous life perhaps?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 pm

I...I don't have any pets ;_;

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 am

I don't either. I want a puppy so badly. T_T

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:46 am

Dogs once teamed up in order to distract me away from my plate of steak. While one made a mess that had me outside fixing it, the other ran in, grabbed the meat, then ran back out hiding. By the time I got back in and noticed it missing, they were both in plain sight chowing down. Stupid smart animals.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:09 am

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 am

Kind of related: Out at camp I killed a goose with a slingshot

That's what it gets for mating for life

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

184 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”