Elementary school shooting in Connecticut.

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Elementary school shooting in Connecticut.

Postby Emrin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 am

After all this, my mom isn't feeling safe with letting my siblings go to school this upcoming Friday. This isn't the sole reason, apperantly someone is threatening to shoot up this school near us and since it "the end of the world" on Friday, my mom feels it'd be safer to just stay home. I agree with her but this is just insane. Now so many kids must be terrified to go to school. I don't know what's causing all these strange going ons but I hope to wake up on Saturday to a more peaceful world.

Also, I hate the fact that the guy who killed all those kids killed himself afterwards. I would have loved to watch him rot in prison or hear the words of anguish felt by the parents. This guy is practically free now. He has no idea what he did. I know it's pretty harsh of me to think and feel this way, but I feel like he would have deserved everything they would have done to him if he was still alive.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am

I think it's hilarious that the elementary school attached to one of the college buildings at my campus now has more cops and teachers waiting outside the front door than usual.

It's almost as if the area is suddenly more dangerous than it was before the shooting. Prevention is for beforehand, not after the fact. How fucking stupid is that? (especially since the one causing the newly perceived danger is now deceased)

@Emrin:

He was a demented and tortured soul that ended his life prematurely and abruptly. I don't really see how he is essentially free since he now has NOTHING. Even if he had been sent to jail, he would have never truly paid for his crimes. His hatred for his parental figure and that school are proof enough of that.

Jail exists to rehabilitate wrongdoers into functioning members of society, not to exact revenge for humans that are acting on emotions (read: irrationally).

Some, however are just born fucked in the head or were driven to madness like this individual. I'm glad he took his own life so we didn't waste more taxpayer money and man hours taking care of such a sick fuck all because it gives someone closure knowing he's "paying for his crimes" and not dead.

If there was ever a reason why America has about 25% of the world's inmate population, this mindset is probably why. Well, THAT, and locking up offenders of non-violent crimes. But that is a story for a different time.

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

Zeta: see I had not thought of it like that. I was being spurred solely on emotion and not logic. You make a lot of important points and I agree with you 100%. This guy probably wouldn't give a damn about what he did, he'd be living a quiet life in a jail, the fact that he'd be living is the worst part, and money would have to be wasted trying to keep him in jail or rehabilitating him. He's gone and he used a good method to achieve that. Thanks for the insight Zeta.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 am

As much as I'd love for him to see justice for his crimes, I can't just get into a DeLorean and run his ass over =/

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 am

Suicide is cowardice of the highest magnitude. I denounce it in the strongest possible terms.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 am

Generally, I would agree. However, I don't think he was running away from anything or being cowardly. On the contrary, some would say that he was there not to aimlessly kill people, but to eradicate his own childhood (psychologically speaking). Were this a pointless shooting, yeah it's quite cowardly. But if his potential motive were true, he confronted what he hated most, and finished what he set out to do.

But to involve all sorts of innocent children... despicable (not that he could have really thought about it, as he was too far gone).

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:47 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:06 am

-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 am

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:20 am

I don't think it's cowardly. I think it's lazy. Choosing to stay alive takes effort. Cowardice implies being terrified of something enough to run away from it. To me, suicide seems more like the result of simply feeling defeated or powerless.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:23 am

I don't think suicide can be generalized, it's a personal issue that you can't really slam into a box and say: HEY YOU, THIS IS WHY YOU'RE COMMITTING SUICIDE!

Also: Behold! The dropped potato!

-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:29 am

: P

45 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”