Warhammer 40K Modeling

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Warhammer 40K Modeling

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm

These are a couple guys I painted today, the first of my Pathfinders. Overall, I'm happy with how they came out.

I experimented with different shades on the two of them, to see which I liked better. On one I used a dark blue-purple (Drakenhof Nightshade), the other I used an orange I happened to have lying around (Reikland Fleshshade). I'm still not sure which I prefer, though.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Warhammer 40K Modeling

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 am

I see dark blue-purple or orange on neither of them though..
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 am

It's easiest to see on the guns. (Look in the crevices there.)

It might also be easier to see in this picture:

edit: I should probably also mention that "shades" have also been called "inks" in the past.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 am

^ I see colours fine. Orange is more conspicuous.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 am

I don't do W40k any more, but I did buy and paint a Space Hulk set in a fit of nostalgia a couple of years ago. I was really happy with the results, so I made this collage in the style of the picture on the back of the instruction manual:

...which reminds me I *still* haven't finished painting the whole set.
無垢無頼努

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 am

I've got 2 out the Tau infantry I need to get done out of... 32.

Yay. T_T

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 am

Try dipping, it really speeds up the process *and* gets better results for anyone who isn't already an expert.
無垢無頼努

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 pm

I wanted to try painting some of these, but then I saw the price on the ones I wanted. ._.

I forget which ones I was after in particular, but they were orks.

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am

If you are only interested in painting, rather than assembling a playable army, there are some very good quality figures available cheaply through at least one kickstarted venture that I know of. Games Workshop figures have always been overpriced.
無垢無頼努

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 am

Man, I really suck at taking these pictures. Anyway, this is the team leader for my Pathfinders and my first attempt at... what's the word... conversion? His right arm originally held a pulse rifle, but I cut most of that off and grafted on part of a pulse carbine.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 am

You know you'll have to do it all over again in the next town, right?
Kimiko

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 am

No, why would I?

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 am

Because they sell much better gear there of course.
Be prepared to grind a little though. The upgrades are expensive.
Kimiko

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 pm

My first fully painted WH40K unit. In the blurry photography we've come to know and hate.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 pm

You gonna do anything with those bases, or just leave them featureless/terrain-neutral?

24 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”