What do you do for a living anyways?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

155 posts
Hong
Manticor

Re: What do you do for a living anyways?

Postby Hong » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks. ^~^

Also, I can do translations of Korean -> English and adapt it to script, thanks to a background in screenwriting, but not entirely vice versa. While I can relay English messages to a Korean source, I can't rewrite a script that properly captures a character or scenario in a way that is appropriate to the audience (formal VS casual is more pronounced and important to the culture). What I have learned of the language was a bit of a crash course and studied on my own time, refined by speaking to people I already know and don't expect me to be perfect. I have never spoken directly to a Korean company that owns whatever project I am working on, except an event on Naver.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

[ | | | | ]

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Starfe » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 am

I'm officially a 9th grade (grade 9, ages 13ish-15ish) English teacher in East Oakland. My school is pretty great, and most of my students are really nice, but about 15 of them are difficult to control, and about 5 of them are actual monsters who get kicked out of my class at least twice a week.

I hold detention everyday.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 am

^ Sounds pretty good for the age.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 am

Have I ever said what my job is? I currently work in . I'm hoping to actually get back to software development by the end of the year. =I

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 am

^ I want tier 3 to be, "Are you really sure it's plugged in?" :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Well... if it wasnt confirmed before, it sure is now..

my job..is downright awful >_<

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm

@PLA: Nah. At that point if it's not plugged in they won't tell me. So I have to go look for myself. :3c

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 am

As of today it is now official. Maxine is a customer service representative at a call center.... (I'm out of training!!)

hey, it's better than fast food.

I'm part of the retention "customer care" department. When someone calls in to leave the company I'm the one who's like "I DON'T THINK SO!!" and try to do everything I can to convince them NOT to go... before giving up and sending them their authorization codes.

<_< My first day and I didn't save anyone... I had one that was still very "on the fence" who was semi-convinced but still "send me the auth code plz". But I did get a handful of "you're very nice. if you had been the last person i talked to I would probably not have transferred" T-T but you're still leaving AND THE BOSSES ARE WATCHING!! O_O;;

^_^ Whatever. Better pay, benefits, sit down desk job, awesome co-workers (I love my department with one or two exceptions), no managers up in my face - or customers for that matter. Granted my calls are monitored for performance evaluation but... :\ I was forced to listen in to some calls with others in my department... if those jokers are here for a few years I know I'm not going to lose my job any time soon (wtf....).

^_^ Oh and did I get to mention I get to wear pretty girly clothes <3 and get to leave my hair down... AND NO HAT!!

Oh and if it's slow (and you might have noticed this today) I'm free to come on here and talk to you guys. It's a bit of a laid back policy when it comes to surfing the net during the job. As long as I'm ready to take calls and my performance eval is not being affected - do anything to make ourselves comfortable and calm.

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 am

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:27 am

I can wear basically whatever I want. But I do dress shirt, slacks, tie, and dress shoes everyday because it is very, very, rare for young men in East Oakland to see what acceptable workplace dress looks like.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 am

I'd looooove to dress more formally. I love button up shirts, ties, slacks, vests, suits. Herringbone tweed is basically my favorite thing. It's way too hot for that here. : / And at work it just wouldn't make sense because of how much I sweat, how much time I spend on rough carpeting and concrete floors getting to lower bookshelves, the heavy lifting we do throughout the day, the disgusting dusty/grimy/mysteriously moist books we sometimes get at the buy counter... I try to wear cute things (dresses and skirts) on my days off to make up for it though.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:48 am

I work outside with demeaning manual labor. a suit would literally kill me
.... plus I personally find it a bit stiff... I'm the loose comfy clothes kind o' guy

155 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”