What do you do for a living anyways?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

155 posts
Benslo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What do you do for a living anyways?

Postby Benslo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Living isn't enough but healthy living is what we need and in fact that is the dream of everyone but for that effort is required so yeah i do care about my diet and physical activties on daily basis that helps me.

Last edited by Benslo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"EMR News"
8D Yacenda drive, Suite 1
Morris Plains, NJ 07950

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Pretty sure Benslo is a bot.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm

I would never invade Benslo's world! D=

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm a *cough* Certified Barista at Starbucks, currently. Certified shouldn't really factor in, though... it's easy as hell to understand. 2 pumps for this, 4 for that, 1 shot, 2 shots, ect.
First Job was at a local grocery store in the Deli department for 2 years, then got a second job at another local store, GameOn/GameStar (started in Oregon, is expanding a bit nowadays). I worked both of those with no days off for a month before GameStar put me 'on call'. Technically still employed there, actually xD.

Going to school to get a Computer Support Tech certificate, then I'll try to go back for Game Art and Design.. because the Coding BS has too much math for my little brain @_@'''.

Fenn-Tyr
Ragelope

Postby Fenn-Tyr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:25 am

I sell computers and cell phones. I love technology, but most of my schooling was in the 80's, so not very current. I kind of wish I was smart enough for today's tech. I used to make pretty badass programs... in Apple BASIC. Lol
Yes, I'm the one person who actually liked FF XIII.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:29 am

Standard basic is still helpful and can lead to vbs which we use on a corporate scale for login scripts and the like :).

[ | | | | ]

CareLevelZero
Ragelope

Postby CareLevelZero » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am

It's always interesting to know what people I meet online are doing for a living.

Personally, I was a designer in the corporate end of the game industry for the last decade or so. Now I'm working the independent scene instead, finally working in earnest on something I'm a bit more invested in.

If anyone's curious about what really goes on in our little black box industry, feel free to ask.
All design, all the time.
@WorkAsDesigned

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Starting from tomorrow I'll conduct a survey at what you guys would call DMV (but this office also delivers passports and stuff).
It will last 3 weeks and 2-4 hours of work a day is not bad, besides I won't be far from my college.
At the same time I'm still looking for more jobs as long as I make enough money to study in the US next year.

Tiaramaki
Ragelope

Postby Tiaramaki » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm currently working at the library in my city. It's amazing what things I can discover there for materials, not to mention some of the people who recognize me when I'm off my shift. It can get pretty hectic, though.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:42 am

I'm working in my summer camp kitchen, making tasty shit for a ton of people. I get to hang out with the campers in my free time which was nice for the high school camp last week, where They were close to my age. I'm learning a lot and having a blast and dying of heat stroke.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 am

Don't tell anyone but:

About five minutes before anyone else came into the office, I sprayed the seat of every computer chair a few times with deodorant. No one knows who dealt with the rank odour that got worse as the day went by, and they don't have to. This will be our little secret.

pesmergia
Ragelope

Postby pesmergia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi guys!

I've only been kinda' active in my art thread, and haven't really interacted much elsewhere..so I figured this would be a good place to get to know y'all better!

Anyway, I currently work two jobs: one as a library assistant, and the other as a curator at an art gallery. Anyway, we just finished the opening reception for the TMNT 30th anniversary exhibition with Nickelodeon last night (I'm super beat!). And, I got super exciting news that I'd be leading an Adventure Time/Steven Universe art exhibit next month!

btw, I saw that there were quite a few other library folk in this forum and wanted to give 'em a shout-out!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 am

I am no longer working in a library, but it's the greatest job ever.

And is Rebecca Sugar going to be coming to your gallery? It would be so cool i you got to meet her.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

155 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”