What're YOU afraid of? [Fears Thread Yaaay~]

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: What're YOU afraid of? [Fears Thread Yaaay~]

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri May 23, 2014 11:56 pm

intolerable fear of bugs, spiders especially and stink bugs after that.

Cars. I hate cars. -_- I hate driving...

Being fired from my job.

[] - [] - [] - []

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Fri May 30, 2014 3:01 am

Roller coasters terrify me. Being at home alone is also pretty scary, But the most horrifying thing is... ALGEBRA HOMEWORK!!! *dramatic thunderbolt in the background*
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri May 30, 2014 4:03 am

not if you never do it B)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri May 30, 2014 8:41 am

I tried the Noodles approach. It rocked.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Fri May 30, 2014 5:04 pm

I would avoid it... but failing algebra (again) sounds just as scary, if not much worse.
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri May 30, 2014 5:26 pm

I rarely went to math my final year, and I only copied out the answers out of the back of the book (and copied out the formulas to make it look like I did the work) and never got busted during the homework checks. I passed with a... 58%? And never did anything. I didn't need the class for my art college, I didn't even need to put it in my average.

Yay art college!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Let me tell you, for you arachnophobes on here or if you have any aversion to insects in general, stay away from the logging industry.

Had to cut some rotting trees down today. After I cut them down, I carried them on my shoulder. Sweating a bit, so I wiped my neck with a cloth to see bug guts ALL OVER it. Look at the mirror after I'm done and I had all kinds of delicious morsels crawling over me. >:D

FrostBlade
Ragelope
Location: Aalborg, Denmark (i doubt anyone knows where THAT is.)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FrostBlade » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:15 pm

not getting anywhere with my life. in general i don't want to end up like a cranky old man with a million regrets.
feel free to talk to the lonely man on skype, i don't bite. (i'm kinda always invisible, but almost always online.)

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:23 am

I'm scared of things that might cause pain, which explains my aversion of contact sports, and Ants.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 am

Not necessarily all my life, but it's a big one:
Anything bad happening to my computer ever for any reason. Malfunction, physical damage, viruses, it makes my hands shake and heart beat like mad.
Other than that, I'm pretty squeemish around heights, and big dogs. The latter is because I was bitten by one as a kid, had to get stitched up and everything, it's not necessarily a fear, more like an irrational aversion.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:13 pm

For all of those who are scared of spiders, bugs and whatnot, just be glad you don't live in Australia. They are everywhere and a good deal of them can easily kill you. I know there's all the jokes around the internet about how dangerous Australia is, but I'm actually completely serious here.

As for me personally, I don't really get scared, but growing up I had a debilitating fear of heights. I never went on roller coasters or anything like that, not even the kiddy ones. It was so bad I wouldn't even climb a ladder unless my parents made me.

One day I said "this is ridiculous", and decided it was time to get over it. I basically exposed my self to heights whenever the opportunity arose. I went on the highest roller coasters I could find, I helped neighbours work on their roof, whatever. It eventually worked and I'm no longer worried about them in the slightest.

Something I find funny is that people easily accepted that I only really had the one fear back in the day and it is common for people to get over fears. However, now when people ask what I'm afraid of and I tell them "nothing" nobody believes me.
Don't Die.

Sketchy tetra
Ragelope

Postby Sketchy tetra » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

^^ Yeah. -wait, the third? 0.0
I suppose it's not as bad as North Korea and the 'hood' of your city~ -w-
For me, I have an odd fear of males with long bangs, voicemails, and the idea of zombies. XD I'm pathetic.
stay sexy~!

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:32 am

I'm afraid I'm too weird and awkward and that I talk too much or laugh too loud. I'm afraid that I only think I'm well-liked among my friends and coworkers but in reality they just don't have the heart to tell me that I'm incredibly socially stunted and kind of a jerk.

Also sometimes I have irrational fears about falling down while walking and accidentally impaling myself or hitting my head on something sharp.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:24 pm

I woke up today and found a spider crawling in my hair.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 am

I am afraid of jump scares. just...jump scares. I am perfectly fine with spiders as long as they are nice.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

38 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”