DIY Projects

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DIY Projects

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 am

Nah, it's safe. Go ahead and gut it.
CRTs use electromagnets. I don't think they'll be a useful shape outside of a CRT.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

If you're that scared, you could look into using a grounding strap or something.

I still think you're worrying over nothing.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 am

I've gutted a CRT twice. Once was when I was in the 6th grade, and it was done with an axe. Not very useful after the fact.

I have done it properly though, and it can be safe if you do it properly, even if it still has a charge. Get some rubber gloves and some rubber handled tools (pliers, screwdrivers, etc). Wear goggles if thats your thing. Slowly take apart the casing by unscrewing it and prying the plastic off. Flathead screwdriver makes this pretty easy once the screws are out. At this point you want to discharge the CRT. If its been unplugged sitting around for a year or so its probably safe, but you should discharge it first before dismantling it. I would explain this, but its probably better that you see a video or pictures for this part, so look up "Discharging a CRT" on Youtube or Instructables and you should get something.

Once its discharged you can basically just manhandle it.

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Discussion Section”