Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:39 pm

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:58 pm

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:48 am

I have some pics to share, though they are very old and my FFTA2 units are way stronger than what they are shown there:

My Gria Bastard Melanie.

Jeanne, one of my long-standing Viera units who has withssyood the test of time. She has undergone many classes, starting as a mage. In the picture, she's a Sniper. Eventually she goes back to her original purpose as a mage, in the end, a Summoner who can deal extremely high physical and magical damage.

Here's mage-build Luso! Illusionist/Ninja build

All the above pics were taken while I was fighting this dude:

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Skypanic
Ragelope

Postby Skypanic » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:45 am

Wow, you guys are far. I just got this.

My team so far:
Luso; Level 17; Fighter
Ariendel; Nu Mou; Level 18; Black Mage
Lorade; Viera; Level 16; White Mage (I'm thinking of changing her to something else, though. Tips?)
Owyn; Bangaa; Level 18; White Monk (They deal so much less damage now, compared to FFTA1. I'm so sad. And Earth Render! The attack that was once made of hax! No!)
Adelle; Level 13; Thief
Yujin; Bangaa; Level 14; Dragoon

Yeah, huge gap in levels between the characters I've had most of the game and the characters I just got. I'm up to the pearl hunting story mission, but I'm doing the extra missions first. And ugh, optional battles are so few and far in between. Or, well, -I- never see them.

Leveling Luso is getting frustrating because he's my slowest character (getting about four levels as a paladin screwed over his speed stat. I should have known better). I should probably let him get a few levels as a thief and maybe in the process unlock the ninja class...? I don't know, haha.

And I still haven't figured dispatches out. Every time I dispatch one of my characters, they always fail miserably. Fair enough, I reset and try again. No dice. So I always end up doing missions myself and avoid the forced-dispatch missions like the plague (sidekicks and shiny maces?! They'll have to do without them for now). Although I figured that the shiny maces one can probably be finished with a mace user like a sage, and since I've been meaning to make my black mage into one, I'll get around to that. But the sidekicks mission? I got nothin'.

And out of curiosity, at around what point in the game do I get to unlock master monks and cannoneers (or whatever they're called)? And this is probably a silly question but what's the level cap? I can see from Extant's pictures it's no longer 50.

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:03 am

It's level 99 for the level cap.

To get Master Monk - you need to do a quest, same with cannoneer -

Master Monk requires 2 White monk skills, and 2 Warrier skills.

Cannoneer requires 2 dragoon skills.

Dispatches: If the main guy is jumping the win chance is HIGH,
If he is standing it is medium - DONT DO IT>
IF he is sitting/crying - dont bother!

For other members
Hand raise = good
standing = ok
looking down = bad.

I am only around 19 hours in with a lvl 37. While you wait for Master Monk, with your white monk go for Bishop and get cura, aero, and water - Aero is extremely strong, and is very useful agianst the flowsand - Which I beat with a whitemonk/bishop and a templar/bishop.

My Luso is like lvl 26, since I can not dispatch him.

WARNING: when you get to the mission searching for lute wood, go to Sant Delusa first and do that mission, then after getting the lute wood, go to the shop, AND instead of making the lvl 4 flute, make the lvl 5 one, it is much better, and it is the best flute in the game and possibly one of the hardest items to get if you do not get at that point.

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 am

How are the assassins? Are they nerfed, or the same, because you know I don't mind running 5 assassins with concentrate so I can last breath everyone!

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:13 am

Assassins major nerfed. Last breath is worth jack. However, many things were buffed, like now the humes get a pretty good class call Parivir (Samurais) that have status effect physical attacks with elements. And Seer which has MAGIC FRENZY possibly the best skill ever made if you have double sword - It casts a spell then hits everyone that was hit by the spell with a second physical attack. PArivir has the highest attack gain out of all the humes... Imagine the power! Also Hunter (for humes) is a PWNer of beasts still. Which are much more key in the story and in side-quests. The new Arcanist class for No Mou are pretty much a damage dealing stat inflicting Juggernaut. Combine it with sage for fun? ALSO seer gets all of the high level white and black magic spells meaning if you learn fira, blizzara, and thundara, and cura, and more on you char in other classes, you can use the seer with those skills - even without the class unlocked.

Oh yeah, Master Monks for Bangaa's KICK's ASS. White Monks + Good Stat Growth + Steriods. I always attach mine with the bishop skills for some good support/ combat. Aero does DAMAGE.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:08 am

Why the hell did Yojimbo get changed to Parivir
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 am

Because Devout got changed to Seer.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:22 am

Seer makes a remote amount of sense. The hell is a Parivir?

One of the reasons why Doublecast is unspeakably awesome.

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:57 am

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 am

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

65 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”