Final Fantasy XIII announced for 360

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 am

Dan Smith
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:56 am

I've never enjoyed a Final Fantasy game really, but seeing some of this ANGER over the announcement is funny shit! I'm perfectly happy with both the WII, 360, and PS2. All of those get fairly regular usage, between my brother and I, while the PS3 has nothing of interest for me.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:08 am

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 am

I just like the trend thus far. 1 - 6, Nintendo systems; 7 - 12, Sony. 13+ ... Microsoft?!

OH MAN. CONSPIRACY.

This is, of course, ignoring the plethora of off-shoots of the FF series, random games made by them (seriously, I want next-gen Bushido Blade plz2deliver?!), and ... okay, I don't have an and.

Really, the whole FFXIII is probably one of three things; 1) The West is more evenly split between 360 / PS3 so to maximize profits here, it makes more sense to go multiplatform 2) Developing for the PS3 is harder than the 360 or 3) Who the hell knows.

I'm banking 1 or 3. Maybe 4 as the mysterious unlisted option always wins.

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:31 am

Option 4 involves a 45 year old toothless meth addict transvestite amputee named Wanda and a bathtub full of lukewarm bacon grease. 0_o
-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:34 am

It's most likely number 1 out of your options, Scy. The 360 sells better than the PS3 in America and Europe, but sells worse (read: abysmally) than the PS3 in Japan. Thus, they'll get more money in America and Europe by going multiplatform. But if they publish the 360 version in Japan, they'll probably lose money.

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 am

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:52 am

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:04 am

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 am

Ha - only the PC isn't one system, it's thousands of possible combinations of hardware. It needs to be upgraded every year or so to keep up with the games and often certain hardware just fucks up on certain games. My monitor alone cost more than a Wii. Even a hyped to hell game like Crysis sold less worldwide than the GBC port of Dragon Quest III did in one day in Japan.

The PC's great but largely because of its other functions, not its games. Though let's not get into a massive debate/argument about this, because the PC vs Console argument has been done billions of times before.
Last edited by Teclo on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 am

One system would be horrible as they'd then control everything; I mean, in a perfect world it'd be nice but ... honestly, competition is an amazing thing for the market. Though it'd be nice to not have to pay so much to get access to all the good games coming out but, hey, it can't be free ... well, unless you pirate everything I guess ^^;.

And what's wrong with games determining the popularity of a system? It makes perfect sense to me; a system shouldn't be popular because it has X or Y inside but that the games for it are great. Personally, no system so far is really "living up to expectations," especially the Wii (useless or poorly used feature for most games still) and the DS. Seriously, I can't think of too many games where the Touch screen was OMG AMAZING USE besides TWEWY and Trauma Center; recommend me something if you think otherwise as I'm really curious and, no, EO/EO2 don't count since I could just hand-map it. Convenience is one thing but "necessary" is what I'm looking for, though maybe that's just being picky ^^;. Admittedly, I have a lot of games on my backlog that will probably fulfill that but I'm just tired of "look, you do it with the stylus!" ending up being, "And if I could use the D-Pad, I'd do that instead as this is obnoxious."

I'm tired of "But the Wii ... motion senseing controls!!!" ... sorry, it's still pretty inaccurate, though I'm interested in the MotionPlus attachment thing they announced, and most games have it as "oh look, you can do it this way instead of conventional means. It's not better at all and just annoying, have fun~!" The system is irrelevant, to me, in the gaming world; the games are what matter. I'm a game lover, not a system lover. I couldn't care less what I'm playing it on.

I'm a Final Fantasy fan just because I love the visuals with the rest of the game; not that "omg amazing graphics = good game," but that good visuals in general help add to the total gameplay experience. Much like how horribly done graphics can detract. They don't MAKE a game good but they sure as hell help. And I don't mean the "realistic," graphics or whatever term we're using these days; the best looking game to me in the near future is Tales of Vesperia. I'm liking where things are headed where games are beginning to grow in terms of visuals, story, interacting, and all that jazz; I can't wait to see what'll be coming down the road.

Hrm, strange tangent I went off on.

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 am

85 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”