E3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

118 posts
Pureauthor
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Pureauthor » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Pikmin is being worked on, - this info brought to you courtesy of Shacknews' Chris Remo.

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Dude. Holy shit.

They're finally doing Pikmin 3? Freaking awesome. I love those games.

I don't know if I'd say it's the biggest thing, though. I think FF13/60 is probably bigger.

Also. Nice vid. XD

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:57 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:44 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:00 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Good news! The Wii MotionPlus (Motion+?) is pretty damn awesome.

The bad news? Almost every developer didn't know it existed until Monday and it's not compatible "out of the box." That is to say, don't expect third-party games to use it for a long while. Dumb.

...then again, considering most the third-party games are pretty lame so far ... this may not be that bad >>.

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm

This might affect some of the better 3rd party games, though. Such as those done by Capcom and SEGA. And that one FPS that's coming out for the Wii that currently has no publisher that has a lot of humanoid enemies based off of insects that I forgot the name of.

Holy fucking shit. Sonic Unleashed looks awesome. The appearance of the Werehog/Hedgewolf is now "unleashed," so to speak.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VmkZpXZ0G8A[/youtube]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Well, they may be able to release a download "patch" to allow for use of it; right now, the only game in the works that supports the Motion+ is WiiSports: Resort. It won't work with the older games and Resort doesn't work with a normal Wiimote either, so you're looking at spending however much they are per 'mote to play it multiplayer.

Edit: Just to clarify, the game is designed from the ground-up to utilize it; it's not attach it and "oh hey more responsive!"

After the initial, "Hey, this is cool! 1:1 tracking!" faded, I really have to ask ... so this is merely improving the controller to what it SHOULD'VE been? And it's going to be REQUIRED for some games? Hrm ... what? I'm all for the whole Wii experience to be more intuitive, more immersive, and more buzzword-ive but ... seriously?

I mean, why not just ... improve the Wiimote's experience in general as opposed to a $30 (or whatever) accessory? Especially when titles are BASED on the motion control. Changing the system's motion control capabilities, as an attachment, and then requiring it for games just seems like a bad idea. Have we really already reached the peak of the Wiimote's native tracking this early (honest question as the specs of the accelerometers and all the fun stuff inside I don't know)?

Plus, I really want to see a better example of games that cannot possibly be done without this; Resorts 3 demos don't show this. Yeah, they show better tracking, though Power Cruising is fucking retarded (LOOK I SHIFTED MY HANDS!), but ... it's not something that isn't already possible to play without it.

Just not looking forward to Wii owners having to spend ~$40 - $120 ($9.99 to $29.99 per; we have no idea on a price still!) for this. 1:1 is a good thing, yes, I'm just at a loss at it being an add-on for a system that should've had something like this at launch ... especially when the system's key feature is motion control.

Edit: And no, please don't compare it to the stupid Wheel or Zapper, which weren't really helpful at all >>. Hell, I felt I did better without them and they only made my play worse trying to use them. That's far different than straight enhancing the controller's core function.

Yeah, future games may allow this as an optional thing but anything that requires accuracy or if you're just tired of waving the 'mote around like an idiot because it's not responding properly, it pretty much moves into the realm of "not required--but you better use one."

As for Sonic, I hope the camera is better than the previous ones >>.

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Last edited by Zai on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Totally read it as a "positive" effect on them; was like, "huh what? It doesn't work on them!"

Please don't suck, I guess?

118 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”