E3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

118 posts
Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

E3!

Postby Kitsunexus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 am

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:40 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 am

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 am

Oh yeah. Fallout 3 was good.

Well, even though I despise their journalistic immaturity and asinine Jonestown-esque community, is IMO leaps and bounds above the other sites, because it's a blog and blogs update faster.
-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:50 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 am

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 am

I wonder what game play would be like and how it would use the touch screen, if at all. I'm trying to imagine what sort of features would utilize it...

I also wonder if it'll be third person or top-down like the first two GTA games.

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:22 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 am

Activision's conference started ... it's also pretty boring so far.

[spoiler]Started off with blah blah blah about Guitar Hero World Tour's relative success and the DLC for the GH games being pretty good. I'm half expecting to have 5 new GH games before the end of E3.

More numbers, hooray! Guitar Hero playerbase has more than quadrupled (seriously?), CoD doubled, and "a lot of users" for Kung Fu Panda. Great, Activision seems to be about Guitars, WW2, and Pandas. Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Guitar Wielding Pandas in WW2?!

Okay, Singularity trailer but not much is really shown, to be honest. Meh? Not much to go off of here, sorry!!! PS3 / 360 game.

Okay, trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion that is oh god way too short. Also of note, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen announced but nothing shown.

MORE CALL OF DUTY. And here you thought World War 2 ended. Anyway, it's supposed to be a darker, grittier of the games and it sure seems like it. Flamethrowering a Tank gets bonus points for making me laugh. Coop hurray! Really looks like they took CoD4 and just went back to WW2 >>.

Spiderman: World of Shadows. I don't care at all as these tend to all suck ^^. Combat apparently was re-worked from the ground-up but it doesn't look all that impressive. Meh? Oh well. Moral choices in the game, two different suits (Red for Agile, Blue for Power).

And now looks like ... yeah, the Bond game. Actually, this doesn't look half bad; sort of blend of 1st and 3rd person (1st person normally, switches to 3rd person for stuff; they demo it showing it switch to 3rd person to take out a guard from behind, for example).

Okay, demo moves on a bit and showcasing some more 3rd person stuff, with a page ripped out of Gears of War, Rainbow Six, and however many other games with a cover system. Massive firefight in the sewers and it really shows that they're using the CoD engine and CoD knowledge for this game. FPS stuff is pretty much Call of Duty: James Bond ^^. Totally a good thing too.

WOLFENSTEIN. Another re-visit to WW2 era, but at least it's fucked up stuff. Acutally, it's really just a not even 10 second clip montage :(. More at Quakecon. Thanks, guys. Really.

Okay, Guitar Hero: World Tour stuff. 85 master tracks , previous GH (maybe RB but doesn't mention that) peripherals work. The new Guitar has a Star Power button, two Start buttons (one for lefties, one for righties), and a velocity-sensitive slider bar.

Showcases the drums which has some lefty fixes in and the drums are quieter. Velocity sensitive pads. There's a port on the back for plugging ANY electronic drum kit in for use, which sounds pretty damn awesome. Also usable in the song creation stuff. Mic shown as well just but that's boring; just a wired hi-fi Logitech mic.

Travis Barker (Blink 182) up; character in-game and says the drums are similar. Thanks for sharing that? Some more stuff about the song creation and song sharing. Shows off line 6 modeling options: amps, effects, scale. Can do different combinations to make up to 7 notes. 1- 4 people can record at once.

Drum recording can be done with the Drums or with the Guitar; also, Keyboard stuff. Frets for notes, whammy for type, slide bar for augmenting, and can tilt the guitar to change octave. Neat. Seriously, this creation stuff actually looks pretty awesome; far more in-depth than I expected at first.

Rock Star creator, which is really just Rock Band's +1. Also, instrument editor looks fairly robust. Online 4v4 for multiplayer stuff. On stage comes Hayley Williams of Paramore, who has a song in the game and is playable.

Jesus, they've been on this GH stuff for awhile ^^. Okay, they go and demo a song: Hot for Teacher. Song selection is an upgrade from GH / RB. And seems to be over with this song.

oic.[/spoiler]

Also, an image to summarize Nintendo's conference ^^
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That said, Miyamoto said after the conference that they only showed their "more mainstream," games here and other things, like possibly whatever the Mario and Zelda teams are working on?!, are to be shown at a later time. Interesting.

Edit: Some interesting stuff that was apparantly put up on PSN that the PS3 cofnerence didn't show. Some Anime (Xam'd) by BONES. Weird Sci-Fi stuff.

http://crackle.com/c/Animation/Xam_d_Tr ... u%3d121068

I'll try to find other stuff for links if people are curious I guess.

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 am

E3 isn't as important anymore, so Nintendo is probably going to bring their big guns out near the fall. Probably going to have some stuff for the holidays.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

118 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”