E3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

118 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:53 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Magical Starsign was a lot of fun. I played it twice (one dark, one light). Using the stylus for control was okay, but I didn't like having to tap the characters each time you cast a spell.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:27 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:39 pm

TIME FOR MOAR

Take-Two's has started. GTAIV DLC?! GTAIV PC?! Something interesting?! WHO KNOWS!
[spoiler]Boring stuff. Neat that Bioshock is the, "most anticipated game," of E3 according to CEO Ben Feder. Yeah ... in 2006. Last I checked, I done did beat this game on 360 and PC.

Montage of games. Hurray! GTA, Red Dead, Civ, 2K Sports, Don King, Carnival Games. Wait, Carnival Games? whaaat.

Okay, 2k Sports VP Jeff Thomas is up to give us stuff on NHL 2k9 and NBA 2k9. I'm going to take a nap as this occurs. More of a Football fan (played Football >>) and I could never really get into "realistic" Sports games.

MONTAGE! ...wait, another? Top Spin, Don King, MLB.

NHL 2k9 is "all about fun," which is great since I thought that was the goal of Games. Wiimote can be used as a hockey stick (SURPRISED RIGHT?!). Not much to say here. Oh, wait, YOU CAN DRIVE THE ZAMBONI!! Your players grow beards when you win the Cup!!!

...so anyway, they move onto NBA 2k9. It looks pretty good (ie, realistic!) and all. But ... it's a Sports game. I think you can guess what's happening on screen. THERE'S A BALL AND IT'S GOING DOWN THE COURT. SCORE! OH LORD.

Carnival Games, which I wasn't aware was an ACTUAL game until just now, has sold 1.5M. 2k Play takes the stage and I'm reeeally contemplating the nap. Carnival Games Mini Golf for the Wii ... which looks amazingly meh. Quick, look, a mini-game for the Wii! THAR BE RARE ONES HERE. Wake me up in 20 minutes when this gets exciting.

Dora the ... fuck this. Wii and DS game. I don't care. Somebody shoot me.

"Civiilzation Revolution, the Civ experience that Sid Meyer always wanted to make." I thought he wanted to make the ... Civ games? And that's why he made them? :(

Civilization Revolution doing good and Bioshock, as expected; montage of both and Mafia 2 and Champions Online.. Now, Mafia 2 and Champions Online images. I'm almost intrigued. Now, a Champions Online trailer ... which is oddly reminiscent of the last Champions Online trailer ... that is, the one they just showed in the montage.

Okay, Melissa Miller, producer, out to talk about Bioshock for the PS3. Tlaks about the PS3 exclusive Bioshock DLC. There's that PS3 exclusive buzzword again. Anyway, the DLC is more creativity in the arsenal / tools so "challenge" rooms. This is many kinds of cool if it works right. Enough to warrant buying Bioshock YET AGAIN ... eh ... probably not.

Okay, Randy something from Gearbox to show off Borderlands ... which looks okay, I guess. "Half a million" weapons they say ... that all appear to look nearly identical barring minor alterations. Hrm. Okay, it's a "pre-alpha" build apparently ... so why is pre-Alpha at E3? Anyway, it's an FPS-RPG and it's a pretty long demo (they've been redoing it and show casing other weapons). Also, buzzword for the day is dynamic. This is a very dynamic game, a dynamic demo, and the enemies/weapons are dynamic. I'm totally dynamic'd out.

Okay, Rockstar takes the stage dynamically (okay, I'll stop). "GTA: Chinatown Wars, stay tuned for more information." LIKE RIGHT NOW RIGHT RIGHT?! MONTAGE!!!

...of old games.

Bloody hell.

Montage is of Bully, LA Noire, and Midnight Club LA ... and now an extended trailer of Midnight Club. And ... Rockstar is done?

Huh ... Strauss back on stage thanking people. What, done? No ... ANOTHER MONTAGE!

Sorry, just kidding. They don't want to show games that aren't finished (...pre-alpha Borderlands?) so ... that's it.

And over.

Exclusive dynamic content here folks.[/spoiler]

Edit: Highlight of the conference: Strauss' totally awesome tie.

Edit#2: Because I found this blog of the Take-Two one so much funnier and informative than mine (I totally suck at this apparently!). http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=880 ... Id=5380367

Also, since I found it super interesting, Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 game, not PSP like the Sony conference showed)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 80804.html

If nothing else, PS3 seems to be winning the SRPGs with that and Disgaea 3 >>.
Last edited by scy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks for the write up, Scy. :)

But unfortunately none of those games interest me.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Exclusive download content = wallet rape

>_< Seriously.

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't mind paying a bit extra for DLC as long as it is worthwhile content. But the thing is I have absolutely no interest in Bioshock.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 pm

118 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”