Random video/youtube thread!!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2352 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Random video/youtube thread!!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:53 pm

I do this a lot on the main site... still... anyways... what the subject says.

*Warning* PLEASE IF IT IS SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR SEVERELY INAPPROPRIATE MARK IT!! Thank you. ((Once the new design is up, i think I'll try to take a stab at adding that add-on that allows for embedded youtube videos in pots.))

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLiyglcRcCA - Meh, it's old, and probably lame to many others, but I totally enjoyed it the first time around and can never look at another Mac commercial the same again.

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Hehehe, famous video SUBBED.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WM5MMqNgUzM[/youtube]

Why doesn't anyone ever translate the "moiyamoiya" part? :\ Do they not know what it means or just gloss over it?

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:26 pm

もやもや just means something that's, like, hazy I guess. The meaning isn't that hard to figure out because there's also a disease called Moyamoya Disease. Most sites that describe the disease also have a explanation of the term moyamoya, so I'm not sure why they didn't translate it by way of a quick Google search.

EDIT: I'm such a nerd for shoegaze, so here's a Telescopes video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SmURpDJj4

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:43 am

*nods* yeah, I heard about the disease, too. In medical books they translate it to mean like "puff of smoke" which fits perfectly for the video "orange puff of smoke" :3

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:31 am

I'm such a fuggin' Touhou whore *sigh*... even if this forum is about Etrian Odyssey...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=G0xkUpFfkOI[/youtube]

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 am

It sounded like she was saying "Ho" at least 5 times. <.<

Cleaning stop part was funny. Especially afterwards when it sounded like she said "Oh maiieeenn oh maaiieeen oh maain" (oh man with "long" a). And then the "mating"/"matey"/"meiling" part.

Fun stuff.

Also. (I do that a lot. I realized that today. After I said that...a lot.) I have been interested in the Touhou series before, especially one which was a fighting game...or something. But I haven't actually played one before.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 am

The "fighting" one is Immaterial and Missing Power and is really the outcase of the series. The ones I adore are the danmaku - curtain fire shooters.

http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/game.html - Please, feel free to download any of these demos to try the games out.

Also, in the video, if you visit the page you'll see the translation in the description. The girl (Hong Meiling aka China) is fighting with her vampire-mistress Remilia who keeps getting her name wrong. Poor Meiling's name comes out to something else in Japanese and no one was sure how to translate it at all and then people just started calling her China to simply even once they knew her real name.

The group (IOSYS) who did our beloved FOE track has an absolute Touhou fetish and are more prone to do them.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KK9sNJeQ51M[/youtube]

:\ Maybe I should start a Touhou thread?

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 am

=D Maybe you should....

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:56 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rkqcx6KfAA[/youtube]

[] - [] - [] - []

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm

I've given that song about five listens. I didn't completely like it at first, mainly due to the industrial-type elements throughout, but I have to say I'm impressed mostly by the classical undertones. It's actually a beautiful song. On top of that, she's got an airy, almost innocent tone to her voice that really offsets the instrumental portions of the music. I'm not sure I'd generally warm up to that type of voice, but it works so well in this style of music I'd say it actually benefits the song rather than detracting from it. Thanks for uploading, Max! I'm going to make sure to check out more of her material.

While we're on the subject of music...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIxc0w2Q_A[/youtube]

This song's by prog metal band Dream Theater, from their sophomore album "Images and Words"...while it's technically a pretty simple work for them (I mean, they've written 25- and 40-minute epics, so a short ballad is really nothing), I think it encompasses a lot of what I like about them. Aside from darker albums like "Train of Thought," I've always thought Dream Theater played best when they took the high road. "Surrounded" is one of their more optimistic tracks, and it's also one of the songs that got me hooked on them. The good thing is that once you get used to their uplifting, more simplistic stuff, it's much easier to get into their technically proficient, darker material that takes you multiple listens to appreciate.

LaBrie sounds great here...it's a damn shame he screwed up his voice, because while he's still one of the best vocalists on the metal scene, his performances on "Images and Words" were unbelievable. Even live, he shows more control over his voice than most vocalists would bother to demonstrate. The rest of the band, with its lengthy (some would say masturbatory) guitar/keyboard solos, takes the spotlight so often, but LaBrie makes this song what it is.

Still, this band has never stopped churning out some really classy material.
Last edited by Hanyou on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:05 am

wow! Hanyou-ni! Finally got to listen to that vid and all I can say is "wow!" It's stunning!

Aw, here we go, I mentioned Ali Project last night, here's one of their songs (can't remember name of it off top of my head). Umm... >_> I hate their video image, so, definitely not missing out when you decide not to look at this video and just listen to the music.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DvysacMI9-0[/youtube]

I mentioned, they are.... strange. So, I'm not sure if you'll like them or not. I can't get enough of them, personally.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 28, 2008 3:18 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

2352 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”