Retro Gamers rejoice :D

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kitsunexus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:54 pm

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:29 pm

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Yeah, the PS2 and 360 pads are the best because they're so neutral and can be used for any type of game. The GC pad was like a toy designed to play one or two games. I mean, it just assumed that "A" would be the action button, "B" would be cancel and the other buttons would be for very peripheral functions. i.e. it was basically a Zelda pad. If you played, for example, Street Fighter on it, it was totally pathetic - especially with the d-pad.

It's also down to the feel of the pad. The 360 pad certainly feels the most... luxurious, I guess. The DC, GC and in fact most other pads apart from the 360 and PS2 pads just feel really cheap. The plastic frame and buttons feel brittle and they tend to be quite rattly. The 360's buttons are pure class. The PS2's aren't as good but they're not so much worse that I think "Eww, this feels like shit" when I use one after getting used to the 360's pad at my friend's house. I played RE4 on the GC the other day and I just couldn't get over the big fuck-off A button and the totally nuts placement and shape of the other buttons.

Just to do the token "I'm totally neutral in all this" argument, of the four consoles I currently own, three are Nintendo (GBA, GC and DS) and the DS is the one I play one most. I don't even own a 360.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm

34 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”