AAAAAARGH!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

116 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. I remember the bulk of those coming out.

BF bought Shadow of the Colossus and I loved watching him play it. I'll probably pick it up whenever I'm bored on a rainy day. I'm terrible about not wanting anything to do with a game once he's beaten it though -_-;
I really want to get Ico. I heard it was great.
And looking on our game case I realized we own Dark Cloud 2. BF owns quite a few PS1 games, too.
I only own 4 and two of them I haven't ever played; Parasite Eve, Vampire Hunter D, Harvest Moon: BtN and Ogre Battle: MotBQ. Most PS1 games are horribly impossible to play now due to bad graphics and load times. (I HATE load times, blech!)

As for FF, I just don't like them and never have. I disn't like the SNES ones, and especially do not like the PS and PS2 ones. Same with Kingdom Hearts, although I've only seen it played and played it a little myself. ~_x Square/Enix just isn't my thing I guess.

Hobbun, do you mind giving me a little more info on Nocturne? I found a survival PC game when I googled, is that it? Also, what's the combat like for Xenosaga? I remember reading the reviews when they came out... but all I remember is it had a great story and long cut scenes. Should I play all three in order?

Scy, no PS3 for me. When we move after the wedding we've discussed getting one since it's a cheap Blu-ray player... but the new models aren't backward compatible so that blows.
Disgaea's on my list... I was probably going to get the DS port, though. It's the same as the first, ya?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:34 pm

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:35 pm

Last edited by scy on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:42 pm

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 pm

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 pm

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 pm

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:40 pm

@PS3 and BC
I only get wrapped up on having it because the whole point would be to replace the PS2 with the PS3, but it has glitchy/bad/no BC than I'd need both systems. But the move is still a few years off so it's something to think about. And it's not like the PS2 takes up much room...

@FF and Square/Enix
It's not that I'm trying to hate. I'm sure they're great fun if you like the series but I don't like it. I don't have fun with it, nothing about it tempts me to play one. I don't like the art (okay, I do HATE the art), the characters, the story, the combat/battle systems (limit breaks, long graphic spells, the meld of real-time/turn based), the job/class systems, etc etc etc. I don't even like the moogles or the chocobos and whatnot. There's tons of little things, too, that bother me, like having over a thousand HP. Seriously, wtf? You don't need that much!
Like I said, I'm sure they're good and fun games if you like them... I just don't.
There are plenty of games out there that aren't FF to enjoy :3

Although I do enjoy this:
http://fpflashfarm.com/FB49PFBFFKJ42BF/367_boco2.swf

As for Square/Enix, it's not that I have any beef with them, I'm just not interested in their titles. I glanced over a wiki list to double-check, and it looks like the original Dragon Warrior is the only game of theirs I own.
I just tend to end up buying other games I suppose.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 pm

Last edited by scy on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Last edited by Hobbun on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

116 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”