AAAAAARGH!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

116 posts
Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 am

Dan Smith
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 am

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 am

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 am

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:44 am

I'd definitely say to hit up Okami for the PS2 if you enjoyed the Zelda style gameplay; there's a few SRPGs on the list (Strategy RPGs) so Disgaea and the other NIS games (Phantom Brave, Soul Nomad, La Pucelle) fit the bill as well; I liked SN the most of the non-Disgaeas but your mileage may vary. Plus, they have quirky humor that is all kinds of awesome.

As for "JRPGs" it's a really broad term since ... well, it's just Japanese RPGs. Usually, however, it's used in conjunction with Final Fantasy and those kind of games, which encompasses a large majority of them (since it'd even include Persona which, despite being an RPG, doesn't share much in common with the FF games, for instance).

Really, a lot of the games that are JRPGs themselves have not much common ground amongst themselves; it's mainly to distinguish them from Western RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Fallout, KotOR, etc. They're all RPGs but the Western / Japanese one's are very, very different.

ps, <3 Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and Viva Pinata.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:55 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:14 am

XD best description of Animal Crossing ever. It was the first game I bought for the GameCube. I did nothing but playing Animal Crossing and sleep for nearly a week. I upgraded my house and paid off my debt and... I haven't played it since >_>
I bought AC: Wild World for the DS and immediately released my mistake. The game shuts down at night, when I do the bulk of my playing, and also I was just sick of it. I think I traded it in for Phoenix Wright.

Soul Nomad looks interesting, and I like that you can turn off the animations. I just think it streamlines things after a while.
But I really like parties, Soul Nomad looks like its just one to one battles.

What I really want is another Ogre Battle for the DS. >_> I thought Ogre Battle 64 was simply amazing. I've never actually beaten it, though, I just watched my brother do it. I always get to half-way point and go "eehh... fuck off"
If I stop playing a game for more than a week than it's dead to me.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:17 am

Last edited by scy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 am

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 am

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm

First off, aiming in most console FPSes is pretty damn easy too, mainly because of the lack of precison. Play a game like Halo and then play through something like Raven Shield. You can't just run around when trying to aim down a scope to hit a terrorist far away from you, which is a lot more fun in my opinion. Also in the CoD games, sniping needs more work than in a lot of console shooters, or even games like Counter Strike. The best thing to come out of the Halo series is the popularity of a grenade button, rather than switching to grenades.

As for Wii games, they aren't going to look as strong when concerning raw graphics, but when in motion I think a lot of them look damn good. Mario Galaxy's lighting effects, though cartoony, are impressive. Dead Rising Wii's controls are going to need to step up big time, but if they can get it to look as good as RE4 I don't think it would be too big of an issue, especially with more psychopaths. I'm content with the 360 version and don't really care too much about controls so I'll probably pass. I'm just hoping that Dangerous Creatures is good because so far it looks pretty fun.
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 pm

I've been wanting to get Okami ever since it was in development. o_o I wonder if it's worth waiting for the Wii? Hm...

116 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”