AAAAAARGH!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

116 posts
Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 pm

I have heard a lot of great things about TWEwY. But from the gameplay, I am leery as I hear it is difficult to control both characters (top and bottom screen). I know, like you said, you can have the top one on auto, but I am one who likes complete control. It is why I liked turn-based RPG's. I can control all my party members and it isn't overbearing to do so.

Another thing I hear about the game that bugs me a bit is the only way to upgrade your pins at the highest level is to trade with other people. I don't like having to rely on online to play the complete game. It's one of the things that annoyed me about FF III as I had to trade letters with others to unlock the Onion Class.

But maybe I will pick it up when it goes down in price or buy it used and give it a shot.

lol You sound like me with your games. I have a huge library as well but I have only finished a small amount of them. And like you, I keep adding things to my list. And that is just the PS2. Then there is my DS, GC, GBA games and PS3 games. To play and complete all my games would take me years. And that's if I don't add anymore.

Kitsunexus
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:50 pm

-Kitsunexus
OMFGOLDFISH!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:05 pm

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:06 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Last edited by scy on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:38 pm

[quote="Scy"][/quote]

Strange, your explanation about the pins doesn't show up in your normal post (even if I open up the spoiler) but it does show up when I quote you.

Ok, thanks for clarifying though. A friend of mine had played and said the only way she could evolve the pins to their highest level was if she did some kind of interaction online.

That is a great list of RPGs. I have (a lot) more RPGs at home that I didn't list. But I tried to give Kino ones that stood out for me.

Are those all the RPGs you have, or a partial list? If you haven't tried Grandia II, I suggest doing so. I like it better than the third one.

Edit: Oh wait, I see the TWEwY now in your post.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 pm

I have a lot more, just the stuff that's lying around near me >>. I liked Grandia III a bit better than II but mostly due to the presentation; II had the better cast (or, at least, the more likable main character). III was really, really, really cliche.

Really.

Edit: How was Wild Arms V, compared to, say, Alter Code? I never got around to picking it up after WA4 >>.

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:49 pm

-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Kitsunexus
Alraune

Postby Kitsunexus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Last edited by Kitsunexus on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kitsunexus

OMFGOLDFISH!

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:56 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Azure Dreams is a Roguelike; "city-building" is a bit misleading, I suppose. It was really just doing things to open up other buildings (which, in-turn, opened up prospective women). Also, "dating-sim" is misleading since, if I recall, you can't actually get married either.

...hrm...

Anyway, the other main feature was your familiar, which was the only thing you retained upon leaving the Tower (well, equipment too; I think you still lost levels but I forget). Familiars were hatched via eggs and, poor guys, served as one of the ways to return to Town (by sacrificing them... >>).

The GBC version ditches the "city-building" and "dating-sims" and expands on the Tower itself.

116 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”