So who has gotten really angry when playing a game?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So who has gotten really angry when playing a game?

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Last edited by Hobbun on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:52 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:54 pm

[ | | | | ]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:53 pm

I can't say I've ever thrown a controller (nooo! expensive! if it broke I wouldn't have another one to play with!) However, I still DEFINITELY get mad at video games.

Typically what will happen is: I'll lose and get a game over. Curse at the blank screen for about five minutes, turn it and the system off, stomp away and go sit on the couch and watch a little tv. I'll sit there for a few minutes and actually consider what it was that I did wrong. I'll totally break down my strategy and go through all the moves and figure out where I screwed up and what action I should have taken or maybe what I can do to prevent it. Five minutes later, the system is fired up again and I'm back to playing.

This pattern has caused me no amounts of grief, though, as when I would be off for those five minutes, my sister would take that as an open invitation that she could jump on. o_o NOOO!! I wanna try my new strategy! You can't be on!! GET OFF NOW!! (<-- doesn't help the anger issue)

^_^ I've actually never been in the company of people who could handle game-stress well. :\ I had a friend who would punch my arm every time I pissed him off in a game. It did nothing to stop me of course (I'm the sort of person that if we're playing teams on SSB, I'm going to steal your kill. XD I was good with Pikachu like that. I would jump over the edge, peg his "kill" and get the point for it - and still easily save myself). My arm was very black and blue by the end of the week. It wasn't until my dad sat with him and had a LONG, meaningful talk about how to treat girls that he finally stopped. I didn't think that was fair as I would hit him back, too, though, in retaliation. I gave him a few bruises as well XD

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:00 pm

You do know that in some varieties of English, getting 'pissed' means drunk, right?

Anyways, I'm the sort who doesn't get mad, ever. Sure, I get frustrated, disappointed, sometimes irritated even. Once in a while I may even utter some swear words. But that's it. No anger lasts more than maybe three seconds for me.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh, I got that when I read your post. The topic title just had me puzzled which meaning you intended for a few secs.
Kimiko

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:08 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Commonwealth English I think. I've heard it from folks Down Under too.
Here's another one: 'rooting for' someone means cheering them on in American English. In Australia, 'rooting' means 'fucking'.
Generally though, people recognize the American English meanings as well because that's what you see online, hear in movies, etc.
Kimiko

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm

I have never broken a controller or game system. They cost too much for me to do that, as I realize that if they break, I'm the one who has to pay for another.

But I do get rather frustrated at games sometimes. When that happens, I either take a break or continue to try at whatever it is that frustrates me until I get to the point where I feel like I'm about to break something.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 pm

I have a memory of gripping a SNES controller so tight it made a noise of protest, but I can't remember what game or why XD I've never broken one, though. I have banged my mouse around out of frustration, but mostly because it was a shitty mouse and wouldn't work sometimes -_-;

I don't get frustrated by games now nearly as much as when I was little. Then again, I don't have to play against my older brother anymore either x__< although, recently I tried to beat his high scores on Mario Kart and couldn't do it. So shameful to be beat by the ghost of my 11 year old brother.

Anymore if I get frustrated it's because I did something really stupid, like forget to save or save over something or accidentally steal something in Oblivion and then the stupid town guard wants to arrest me -_-;

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

21 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”