Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

11697 posts
Trifkin
Manticor

Re: Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Postby Trifkin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 pm

This is such a bizarre time to be alive. Wonderful, terrible, beautiful, The Worst. What even is anything.

SteelCrow
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 am

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:18 am

So, how's everyone getting on?

In England specifically, we've just announced our second England wide lockdown even though schools remain open. Which is a problem as older kids and Uni students are one of the largest spreader groups :(.

Otherwise, I'm doing OK. I'm a permanent home worker from before COVID and I work in an industry that has only been marginally hit by COVID.

I hope everyone is safe and not struggling too much.

[ | | | | ]

SteelCrow
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:37 pm

It's a mixed bag for me. The freight at work is booming, so I'm working longer hours, putting away more in savings. But my job is supposed to be part-time, maximum 30 hours a week, been handily surpassing that every week since March. I've tolerated it because "emergencies", but I can't let this go on continually.

More personally, a lot of my friends have split up and moved around, due to several things, the pandemic being one of them. My job at FedEx is basically the only place I can meet new friends now. I wonder if I actually need that.
My family is alright, all things considered.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:57 pm

FedEx must be crazy busy! But at least you're safe and that's the most important thing.

[ | | | | ]

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Congratulations on your new President Elect, United States of America!

[ | | | | ]

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:17 am

Thanks, I guess. I don't like how close the presidential election is. I would rather one side or the other win by an indisputable margin. The even split has caused paralysis in the congress lately. Of course I have a preference, Donald Trump, I haven't known a better President for 20 years. I would be completely unsurprised if the calls of fraud in the election are true, just a continuation of the coup going against him since 2016.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm

uh,,,

anyway stay safe yall

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:19 pm

As someone from the UK, my opinion on the US election matters little, but marginal successes are not good for anyone. I am a keen supporter of remaining in the European Union and will vote for any party that makes rejoining their primary goal. So you can guess my views on Trump but frankly the Democrats in the US are more conservative than a lot of conservative political parties in many European countries.

Again from someone outside of the US, the scenes that have played out since Trump lost and especially yesterday is shameful and really highlights the structural problems and divisions in the US, sadly.

[ | | | | ]

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:51 pm

We just keep becoming more and more divided. :cry:

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:49 pm

It's very positive that the rioters have been increasingly arrested though. While the approach against the BLM people compared to the Trump rioters is wildly different and broadly speaking pretty much racist, the end goal here is important. It's less about Dems vs GOP but more about drawing a line in acceptability - peaceful protest is a vital part of any democracy. Trying to shut down the regulatory process through intimidation is illegal.

UK's divisions will become clearer later in 2021, especially once COVID calms down. The Brexit affect will start to become clearer and with all changes like this, it impacts the most disadvantaged in society the most. I rememeber growing up with very little money and significant changes in food price would have simply meant less food or less heating, it was a binary choice. I'm very fortunate today and the fact that we've driven ourselves to lessen the output of the country, the economic benefits and also the social benefits of being within a wider union not only baffles my mind but angers me.

[ | | | | ]

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:38 pm

I'm trying to avoid jumping to conclusions since this US political war is turning fast again, so much I can't be certain of, but it's a struggle.

I have to say though, DC is a vicious hornet's nest and it's getting stirred up.

11697 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”