Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Postby zamisk » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:11 am

Here's my favorite recipe:

Pillsbury™ Shape Sugar Cookies
1 pack of Pillsbury™ Shape Sugar Cookies (whichever holiday theme is soonest)
Lots of alcohol

Drink lots of alcohol, then bake the cookies an instructed on the package (or just eat them raw if you're already pretty drunk and don't want to try your luck with an oven.)

If you've drank enough alcohol they always seem to turn out pretty good, whether or not you bake them.

(I'm not very good at baking. I am a pretty good cook when I wing it but I don't like being told what to do by some uppity recipe.)

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:54 am

I only like to improvise when it comes to regular cooking. With baking, I love to follow exact directions because it's so nicely structured and it's basically science that you get to eat.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:05 pm

^ Just put stuff in a thing, and warm the thing up a while, it's probably fine.

Coal-power is still used here, so they're going to close some nuclear powerplants "to improve the environment".

N-no, that's ... That's not ... Sure. Okay.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:02 pm

How is everyone doing? Sound off!

My brother and I are staying home. He has a cough and one of his coworkers is part of the local grad student program that has had two presumptive confirmed cases of COVID-19 so far. He's working from home until April 6th at the least, as are most of the people from his office. I only have a runny nose.

I'm staying positive. Not only do I love being at home all day and left to my own devices, but this is a great opportunity for me to catch up on some organizing I've needed to do and some other things I've put off.

I hope you're all doing well!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Lots going on right now, trying to decide if I'm leaving my job at the comic store which won't close until the city makes us or our supplier stops shipping stuff as normal, which they've so far said they won't do. I'm the only one without either respiratory issues or 50+ years of smoking under my belt, so I feel like a jerk being the first to leave, but they haven't been very good to me the last few years either. Might be time to make the switch to full-time freelancing... Meanwhile my grandpa is in the hospital for a surgery and my flight attendant mom refuses to self-quarantine. I'm pretty stressed, but will figure things out. Hope everybody is well, and I hope if anyone is seeking community in the coming months they can find it here again. Stay safe, everyone.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Hello! I'm a home based worker, 100% remote. So I'm fine. My wife has been told to work from home as she's in the high risk category due to underlying health issues. So far we're OK and just getting on with things. Hopefully we're not going to be locked down like Italy and as we're outside of London the virus is spreading more slowly here.

I'm just very thankful for great Internet!

[ | | | | ]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:16 pm

since i work at a school, i'm a state employee, so when all the schools closed they had to figure out some way for us to work from home, or risk breaking our contract. in my case it's basically nothing, just watching training videos. but since I can't pick up shifts, i'm only being paid my contracted hours, which is barely enough to afford rent and bills. However my roommates and i are pooling our food stores to survive comfortably until things change.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Are you allowed to moonlight, noodles? In the UK all of the supermarkets are deseperate for extra staff due to panic buying and the fact that basically everyone wants everything delivered?

[ | | | | ]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:19 pm

i've thought about it, but all things considered I think it's best if I do stay isolated. My parents are in their 60s and I don't want to do anything that would make me more likely to become a vector

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 am

For my job I move packages within a FedEx Ground facility. Package and parcel delivery is considered an essential service right now, so we'll continue to run no matter what sort of shutdowns happen in Oregon. So far, restaurants, bars, gymnasiums, movie theaters, and other luxury person-to-person services are ordered closed. A few weeks ago, public schools had to close simply because so few teachers and students showed up, it wasn't worth staying open.

My personal life and habits haven't changed much, except that church I went to every Sunday is suspended for the foreseeable future. I already spend a great deal of time at home at this desktop. Outside exercise is allowed, so I can go ahead and check over my bicycle and start riding it again like I wanted.

I am impressed with how quickly this virus spreads. I'm pretty confident I'll encounter it myself, but 100% sure that I'll recover from it when I do. I realize some people are in danger, so I'm doing more handwashing and stuff when I leave my apartment.

I have to admit I am fascinated at how this threat of disease and death turned society on its head. Even with all that happens in the world generally, life locally hardly seemed to change at all. I've never seen public schools close for any more than a couple days outside scheduled breaks, as an example. I must have gotten bored of life, and now all this is an exciting show for me to experience.

Sorry for the rant, first time I've written about this topic like this.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:34 pm

[ | | | | ]

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:54 pm

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Wed May 27, 2020 7:40 pm

How's the lockdown going people? I've not been to a shop in nearly 3 months and I've been out of the house 7 times in that time frame. I don't really miss the people but I miss the option of hating people when I leave the house!

[ | | | | ]

11697 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”