Let's Rant!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

152 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Let's Rant!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:02 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:12 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:02 am

I was reading things pretty fast, but it did kinda come off that way, and I was really worried -_-; I wasn't going to say mad like "i fucking hate what you just said" but that kind of tersed anger that says "You stepped over the line with this one, Maxine." Usually the kind of tersed anger that leads to lectures and reprimands.

^_^ But that's great if that's now how it was.

And, LOL, no, I never expect anyone to sound as bright and go-lucky (and pathetic) as I sometimes sound.

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 am

This. Fucking. Place. No, not the forums we're on, but I mean where /I/ am in the life I lead. Just want to establish that before anyone gets their knickers in a twist. I hate the way I'm being treated at school. I'm not being... beaten up or bullied per se, however, I have to deal with a crapload of perverts who want to touch me inappropriately and people trying to sweet-talk me for no apparent reason. I was ranting about this to someone over IRC, and I got to thank them a lot. If you want me to cite certain instances, I can bring them up right now.

1) There's this one dude in my class who keeps wanting to touch my chest for no reason. At all. He'd just come up and do his thing, so I have to keep hitting him for that. Or threaten to eviscerate him with a pencil. Either works. I have no words, he also likes to make comment about my chest. "lol why are your boobs so flat" or "you're hot" for no reason. It annoying.

2) I have this other guy who keeps wanting to come on to me and it's creepy and weird and what the hell. And the dude kept whispering stuff in my ear that I couldn't understand. Waaargh.

3) Some dude was asking me "hey can I see your nipples ROFL" and started laughing really weirdly, like some maniac. It was creepy.

4) One time, a guy I knew was saying (hopefully as a joke, a sick one, but a joke nonetheless) "Hey, you're skin and bones, so you must've been raped a lot!" Who the fuck jokes about shit like that? It's not very funny to be joking about things like raep, even if 4channers and the like do it /all/ the fucking time. That's horrible!

and countless of other things. Gaaaaah.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 am

And here I thought I was an asshole in real life. What the fuck...

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:41 am

Well, I feel slightly better now that I've yelled my heart out. Sort of... I'm going to have to expect more of this, though. .___.;;
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 am

must refrain...

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:44 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:47 am

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:43 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:30 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 am

Maia, that's terrible and shocking. I hope you're able to get an authority to fix it.

I was emotionally/psychologically bullied in school. One time it got bad enough my mother called the school and had them switch my classes to avoid this one pack of popular kids. Of course, the school only did it because it meant they could move me from crowded classes to less crowded classes -- saving them money, since they get fined per student over 30. Yeah. Thanks, school, glad you fucking care.
I saw these same kids (always the popular ones, no matter what clique or whatever) bully a TEACHER once. She'd send them to the office but, since they were football stars they'd just get laughed at and sent right back.
I'm a little bitter about my high school experience, if you can't tell.

@Maxine
I hate suggestive selling. The corporate line is we have to do it, but all my bosses are laid-back enough to say "fuck it."

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 am

I actually don't caree about suggestive selling. :3 Personally, I find it humorous how pissed off people get when I do suggestive sell something to them.

"I just want a coke please"
"Okay, and would you be interested in a..."
"NO! I SAID I JUST WANTED A FUCKING COKE" <--- and I'm SO not making this up.

Then you have the people who are like:

*30 items later* "Okay, a small fry please."
"Okay. Would you like anything to drink with that."
"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I can't believe I forgot the drinks! You're such a sweetie for reminding me."

o_O; yeah... sweetie....

So, if for nothing else, I do it for the hillarious reactions I get. Personally, since I'm stuck in back drive taking the orders, it's a way to decrease my boredom. "Let's see if I can't get the next care to take a shake". I once had this car with a group of high school friends, and this poor girl in the back kept asking her friend (who was paying) to get her a Mango-Rasberry shake. The friend insisted that there was no such flavor sold. Personally I felt the whole thing was rediculous since she could have asked me. SO - guess what I suggestive sold them. ^_^; I never got a thanks for that one, but, I felt for the poor girl in the back having to deal with such a stupid friend. She got her shake and I hope she was happy with it.

-_- Yeah... I just get bored on headset. I'd rather be the runner.

[] - [] - [] - []

152 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”