Let's Rant!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

152 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:39 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:48 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:52 am

A lot of it. A lot of it.

>>

[spoiler]Honestly, I can't think of too many days I haven't had a drink in the past five years ... not counting my time away from campus.[/spoiler]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 am

well you obviously aren't proud of it. Have you taken steps toward putting a stop to it?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:56 am

...what?

Who said I wasn't? I enjoy what I do and have no real problems with it. Barring the fact it IS expensive, I have no qualms with my life nor am I really dependent on it. Just really sort of ends up that I end up with at LEAST a single beer (or shot) per day.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm

I think Scy is of the opinion "I'm a drunk with all its dangers and moral taboos, and it's a rough life that I like to whine about but, honestly, PASS ME ANOTHER DRINK!"

Kinda like how I bitch and complain about how annoying it is to write a book but... *sigh* pass me another page.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Ooooh ... never heard that term before here ^^ I FINALLY GET IT!

Shiner kegs are ridiculously expensive. EVEN HERE. AND WE BREW IT 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM HERE. I'll never understand that. Ziegenbock is brewed in Texas and it's STILL cheap ($65 for a keg compared to like $80 for Shiner). It isn't even "better" than Ziegen, really.

A keg NORMALLY lasts us like 2 weeks (~10 beers a day!). This was ... special, I guess. In our defense, we DID have other people (~15) show up for a drink or two (or three or ...) but the majority was the four of us who live here (and one didn't drink any so therefore three!) so I'd say we each had like ... close to 30 or so a piece over the course of the day. That and birthday and all that TOTALLY makes it fine! I've definitely woken up beside my liver on many occasions; I drink to punish him since he's kind of a whiny bitch. That and he's somewhat of a masochist.

And ... I dunno. I just say things as they come to mind. Just because I say we're dying horrible deaths doesn't mean I'm seriously against our drinking-but-I-do-it-anyway or something ... just saying we're dying horrible deaths because it was somewhat funny in my head at the time of saying it. I'm NOT a very serious person in real life >>.

That and I've also excepted the fact I'm dying before I turn 30.

[spoiler]JOKES. I'VE GOT JOKES.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]No but seriously.[/spoiler]

...wait, $25 a month? You either don't smoke much at once or it is so much cheaper there. Then again, $60 or so here lasts a few days ... but its mostly due to smoking with lots (6+) people and 3-4 bowls. Hrm.

Incidentally, THAT doesn't make my eye hate me so ... >>

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:45 pm

Yeah... wacky Oklahoma laws! Glad to enlighten.

HAHA.
A keg of Shiner, here, is $150. You have it CHEAP~

10 beers a day, assuming they aren't chugged within the first hour of drinking, is respectable for a man with a tolerance. Lil' ol' me can handle maybe 6 beers in 3-4 hours of drinking. At my 21st birthday party I drank 8 "6 point" beers, 2 glasses of wine and 2 shots, but this was spaced out over a 6 hour period and I ate a nice, big dinner of tasty carb-filled Italian goodness. At my 21st birthday bar bash, I did 6 shots in under an hour and promptly went home to [s]die[/s] crash. Very anticlimactic XD
At ladies night I get 5 draft cups (~3 beers) free.
It's a school night, so I give my tickets to my fiance. If you have 6 tickets you can get a pitcher and my fiance will just drink directly from the pitcher! I just go to the bar to see my friends who like to go... I'm really not into the bar scene at ALL. I like to sit outside at the picnic tables because loud music hurts my ears.

ILLEGAL STUFF WOAH
[spoiler]
I've been buying a half for $50. My fiance stopped smoking recently, so it's just me and maybe one other friend occasionally. I usually smoke a small bowl every 2 hours, so depending on when I start I might only do the single bowl or up to 3 bowls.
If it's the two of us smoking fairly regularly, a quarter for $25 every two weeks is the usual. Split that two ways... Yeah, about $25 a month.
Recently there's been a situation of not having easy access to a dealer, so I'm in conservation mode. >_>;
[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Meh ... $80 is a lot for a beer that is brewed IN TEXAS. It is LOCAL and we're charged IMPORT prices. That said, $150 for it would make me a sad, sad person ... not like Shiner from a keg is great (honestly it tastes a little metallic to me from a keg; better from a bottle!).

I "remember" my 21st ... in the sense that I remember being given 21 shots in the first bar (~hour?) and then going from bar to bar. What actually happened at each bar though ... fuck if I know. There's probably pictures proving I did awful things to animals but whatever I HAVE NO IDEA. My 22nd was uneventful but I suppose it's supposed to be.

First week of classes this year we celebrated a friend's 21st. A group of us (5 people) bought him a round of random shots ... and had money from like 10 others as well. We got kicked out three times but whatever. We then went to one of our dorm parties and I was handed a tray of shots ... it wasn't a pretty sight. I still want to know who thought it'd be fun to give me a tray of 16 shots :(

Edit: Not a "I'M A HARDASS RAR" thing. I totally vomitted everywhere and passed the fuck out in the wrong room. Was a funny morning though when I woke up and people had been freaking out since noone could find me and thought I had gone and gotten lost / arrested or something. ...Again.

I've definitely gone to the bars here, bought a pitcher (need two IDs for it) and then chugged it in front of them. They stopped asking for two IDs when I go since >>.

I used to be more into clubs and bars but it is WAY too expensive; I just buy my own stuff and drink with people here. It's sad since I have a friend who is always out there since she loves it and I'm always torn on what to do >>. I feel like such an outcast at times when they want to drag me there and I'm all, "LET ME GET WASTED FIRST I AM POOR!"

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:32 pm

two IDs??

Yeah it is way expensive.

That's weird they charge import for it... hmm~ according to wikipedia it isn't owned by a global parent company.

@16 shots
HOLY CRAP

But two IDs what?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Yeah worded poorly. Need two people to get a pitcher at the bars here :(

And yeah, import prices on Shiner; any place here that has some cheap domestic drinks will NOT let you get Shiner for it. It is very sad :(

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
152 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”