Let's Rant!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

152 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 am

@suggestive sell

I don't mind at all when people do it to me -- so long as they aren't pushy, I know it's just them doing their job. I just say politely "No, thank you" and move along.

Although I did spook the Fazoli's girl once because she was like
"Thanks for choosing Fazoli's would you like to try our baked chicken Parmesan today?" (all in a rush)

me: "Yes, actually, I would."
*silence*
Girl: "Uh, what?"
me: "I'll have the baked chicken Parmesan, please."
Girl: "Oh! Okay, uh..."

So for like a month afterward I always made it a habit to get whatever they were suggesting XD Never failed to trip them up.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 am

That or getting into the most random of conversations with people. I love doing that if I'm not in any rush. It's pretty hilarious and, hey, sometimes people remember you down the road. Good stuff.

Edit: Though I do say fuck you to the people who ask "Oh, how about X" with five or six different things. I hope those people die in a fire.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:44 am

Yeah, I NEVER suggest more than one thing per order. I usually hate it when they forget things like drinks for their meals and sauces 'cause then I HAVE to pepper them with questions. That's annoying to me, and I can't imagine them on the other side. Usually for those orders, by the time I'm done, I don't even bother suggesting any item. ^_^;

I LOVE conversations with people. This one guy brought his daughter through and the girl (like 3 or so) was like "is that a real person daddy?" and he was like "No, it's a robot. She's speaking through the speaker at us." and when he got up to the window, we both just had fun with the poor girl. She was like "nu-uh! you aren't a robot!" and we were like "but i am!" XD It was hillarious. Poor girl. Total stranger and have never seen them back since. Understandable since our place is very close to the freeway.

LOL, Kino. That's pretty dumb of the person on the other end. What the hell are they advertising the items for if they aren't expecting the person to get them. XD

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:34 am

I try to be a courteous customer since I have experience working in customer service. I'm sure to always speak my order slowly and carefully, being sure to mention things like what drink or side I need with each combo. I say 'please' and 'thank you' and if they tell me to wait I always say "Take your time" Even if I'm in a hurry it isn't worth being a jerk.

Even when people mess up I just explain the mistake. I have a "difficult" order since I get my cheeseburgers with ketchup only, and I'm use to places messing up. And I always check my order before leaving the parking lot >_> Worst case scenario they replace the item and are too busy/annoyed to apologize, or they replace the item and apologize so much I feel guilty.

I got a lot of practice ordering in high school. We had off-campus lunch so every day my friends and I would pile into my big ass ghetto Lincoln town-car/land yacht. You'll never know satisfaction like racking up $25+ fast food bills.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:19 am

^_^; Despite my own annoyance when people get snappy with me, I have to admit that -_-; I probably wouldn't ever want me as a customer. I "realize" things happen, but I still get extremely miffed when places mess up my order, or worse - give me something that's been sitting there for a while. It's like... when I'm the runner, I have at least as much sense and decency to simply feel if the damn double is hard around the edges when I'm picking it up - you can feel that through the paper. And EVERY item has a time in which it needs to be served and I always throw that stuff away (and yell at the kids in the back about food cost). :\ Why can't people extend me the same courtesy. *sigh*

:\ I'm a bitchy customer *sob*

But how hard is it, when you are grabbing orders, to think to yourself "would I eat this?"

AND I SWEAR TO GOD! If another one of those kids fuggin' sticks their damn hands in the fry vendor to grab a fry and eat it, I WILL GO OFF ON THEIR DAMN ASSES!! That is so disgusting!! >_< Honestly, I don't typically eat fast food anyway because I always think of some of the stuff teens have done in our store and the numerous things I've had to report to managers.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Yeeeah. lol.

No offense, Maxine, but if I remember correctly which McFastfood you work *wink* yeah. I don't eat there ever.
We have this amazing Oklahoma-run chain of burger/ice cream shops. They have the best milk you can buy in the little grocery section of the store, and the ice cream is soooo amazingly good. But everyone behind the counter is a grey-haired old lady, minus the handful of high school kids running the register/drive-through.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:28 am

LOL, you can say I work at McDonald's. Believe me, I really don't care. Somewhat embarrasing, but, honestly, I'll sell out how ever many times is necessary in my life to get where I'm going.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of hamburgers. The only sandwhich I can ever truly appreciate is a sub... well, though I'm sure someone will come up with a sandwhich I can't think of at the moment that proves me wrong, haha.

I AM a fan of ice cream, but, again, I'm picking and only pick certain flavors, and generally prefer soft serve, and I would love to go to to a decent ice cream shop that is outside of dairy queen. I actually have little experience with ice cream shops.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:02 am

You know, I have a tendency to whine and complain occasionally that I am not an artist. Truth be told, I'm glad I'm a writer over an artist. An artist can only ever go for one satisfying moment of glory - and then it's done. While it's true that a picture can contain more than a thousand words it still has one very big boundary that it can never overcome. A picture represents nothing more than a scene. A moment in space and time. If the artist is good, he can add some emotions. Make an intense visualization.

However, there is something that I can do that an artist never can. I can create actions. Worlds. Plot. Storyline. If I am any good, I too can pull at the emotions of an individual. I can make them care about things they wouldn't normally.

More than that, a picture can only last for as long as there is enough canvas. Me, I can go on and on and on and on for as long as there is paper or room on my harddrive.

^ Sorry, there's just times that I wish to give people a view of how blissful I can be when I'm writing. ^_^ You have no idea how much I enjoy it. I was still so mad about what happened Friday that I called out Tuesday. Today was my first day back since I yelled about the things that happened Friday.

Yesterday, knowing I would have to face things again, I started with a blank document and started typing, letting my emotions carry where it would. I'm glad I did. You have no idea how glad I am to have this new project. It will probably never be published or even finished, but every once in a while, it's nice to channel my energy in an area that is more intuned with my own emotions. Righting about young fantasy questors is fun, but there are times that I simply want to go somewhere else with my writing.

-_- After today, you have no idea how much I am seriously considering quitting my job. I had to deal with this bitch of a manager that treated in the shitties manner possible. I keep sticking around at this job, waiting for things to get better, but I think it's time to face the fact that once Betsy left, whatever sanity remained is now gone. The GM and this manager are such fucking idiots that it's pathetic. I have never stood there and talked back to a manager in front of customers like I did today. I think I'm done. I'm calling out tomorrow and am going to try to calm down over the weekend and maybe start putting in applications for other places.

Though, really, I know all I have to do is go over to sister's job at Taco Bell a few blocks down and they'd more than likely hire me on the spot. The manager there already knows me. She's been through my drive a couple of times before I even knew she was the manager over there and she always complimented me on being the better workers she's seen in my place. ^_^; I didn't discover who she was until I went I went to talk to my sister and she came around the corner. I was like "Patty! Wait? You work here?"

My sister: "She's my manager."

Patty: "Hey Penna. I didn't know you and Christina were friends."

Me: "We're sisters."

^_^; One of those VERY strange moments. My sister says that after I left all Patty did was talk about me to her.

So, I'm sitting here thinking, over there is a manger who ALREADY respects me, and according to my sister is bitchy but gets the job done (the type that I like.. I don't mind being put in my place once in a while IF the person is right and IS getting the job done - Betsy was like that). So... why the FUCK am I standing at a crappy job where the managers are being bastards to me and treating me like I'm some first year? I have been working at my job for 3 years and five months. I know my job. I'm one of the fastest people there.

So for a manager to stand there yelling at ME for being slow when it's the fucking back's fault for not getting my food to me in time - she can go to hell. I ESPECIALLY loved it when she told me at one point to get my own stuff when I was working drive solo. I was like "Okay". Nothing was up, so I went to take another order. I go back out and see that the bitch is getting my stuff. I shrug and decide "Okay, maybe she changed her mind."

A few minutes later I walk out and here her saying "I don't know what counter needs, I'm too busy getting orders for drive."

My temper snapped: "Don't go fucking talking behind my back. You didn't have to bag my orders if you didn't want to."

I didn't want to stop there, either, but, I know my place. I might not be a manager but I'm NOT going to stand there and have a fight with a manager in front of a whole bunch of customers. I shouldn't have even said what I did say.

My sister, on the other hand, thinks I should have said more. I view myself as ten times more professional than that. :roll: And I'd find it even more degrading if I did get pulled into that bitch's pace and fall down to her level.

The only thing that I dearly wish is that my tear ducts were not wired to my frustration outlet. I cry every time I get frustrated. Not because I really want to cry or feel that I should. I hate giving people that satisfaction. I managed to keep my frustration down until I completed my shift and got out to the car.

It's an unspoken treaty that I have with my mom. She thinks I can do better with my extensive vocabulary and that swearing is something that is far below me. So, I respect that and never swear in front of her. However, you guys should know from just being on here that I swear pretty bad. My mom put it very succinctly to my dad when she later explained the event, "I heard Marie use ever swear word they ever invented and then some that weren't." (Marie is my name at home since me and mom share the same name.)

So, to circle back around to my initial discussion: yesterday I ended my new document with 5 pages. I know have 19 pages and 8000 words. -_- What would I do if I didn't have this private little corner of my life to pour myself into. To take the emotions I am feeling and to channel them into a story which in turns makes the world around me disappear and I forget that I am even a person named Penna living in a tangible existing world.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:19 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 am

Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 am

[] - [] - [] - []

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
152 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”