Ever17 Visual Novel

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

188 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Ever17 Visual Novel

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:54 am

:( I want someone to chat with about this game. I hope Zai is playing it by now. *sigh*

I want to post a torrent link for anyone interested, but, I'm unsure about the status of the licensing and it's still being sold for used over at .

The game is just absolutely beautiful.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:59 am

*coughs* Acquiring it as we speak ... type ... whatever. *coughs*

That said, the game DID come out in America didn't it? I mean, I see the Amazon link and I see that it is, indeed, in English ... but ... .

Edit: Proving, once again, my ability to read is terrible...

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:02 am

They are revising it.

And no, I have not obtained the package yet. I'm too lazy for that. I just don't feel like playing a visual novel right now. But I will eventually have that urge, don't you worry.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 am

At first, seeing "russian" my first thought - they are making it russian, but several other things seem to suggest they are also retranslating the english? *blinks* Okay, I'll admit the game has one or two flaws here and there such as spell mistakes and things that - when listening to the characters talk - I'd have translated slightly differently (oh and... even when you hear You shouting "Kuranariiiii" but the text says "Takeshiiiii"). However, Hirameki would still have my vote as being one of the better translators. Not something that needed outright replacing.

*shrugs* If they wanna waist their time, that's fine, I guess :3

But, yes, the game came out in America.

I think Hirameki's site is also down but if you want it I have the "best choices" walkthrough xml document that they released for the game.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:09 am

Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:30 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:33 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 am

I feel your pain, Maxine! I'm usually the only person I know, even in extended friend groups (i.e. friends of a friend) that play any of the games that I play. There's usually the odd game, and almost always a very mainstream one, that one of my friends will have played or being playing, such as my friend who also likes Final Fantasy but then that's the only JRPG he's likely to play. I have one friend who I've known since we were about 8 and these are the only games we've ever both played: Shenmue, MSR (Dreamcast racing game), Sonic 1. Yep, none of my friends are into games much. It's even worse with something particularly obscure like anime or visual novels. At least with mainstream(ish) video games you can relate to games they have played but 99% of people I know haven't even heard of visual novels, never mind actually played one.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:43 am

Maybe someday I'll get a new TV and a PS2 so I can play all the PS1 and PS2 games, including some visual novels. That would be the only thing the TV is used for though, and there are still many DS games to keep my attention, so it'll be a while before I spend that much money.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:09 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Not really but thanks for reminding me as I'm playing now (OH GOD THANK YOU WINDOWED MODE). I do have to say though ... I have a feeling I'll like Tsugumi the most but that's 99% due to design >>. Helps that, if I'm not mistaken, her voice is Rider, my favorite Servant from Fate (that or Archer as I'd totally be gay for him ... wait ... no I wouldn't but sort of).

Then again, Sara is Rin from Fate soooo :( OH GOD. BRAIN OVERLOAD. Now that I think about it, the only one I didn't recognize was Coco's and not even pink hair can save her if she's terrible. Or something like that, I suppose.

Edit: I'm totally expecting one of the tracks from P3 to start playing whenever the music in Ever17 starts. It sounds so similar to one of the P3 ones >>.

Edit2:
Tsugumi
[spoiler]"I really ... need ... you"

TOTALLY CHEATING.[/spoiler]
Random
[spoiler]

Transcends levels of "OMG CUTE" that I cannot describe with words.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:35 am

XD As I said, if you want the best path do:

[spoiler]Tsugumi, Sora, You, and Sara[/spoiler]

And, yes, you'll LOVE Tsugumi and Sara as they are the two best chars in the game. Sora is the worst and most boring, though don't dread her story as she still has some damn good stuff.

As for cuteness - you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet.

And, don't worry about Coco or fear that she might bring things down. She doesn't. TRUST me. You'll love her by the end, too.

BTW, you don't really need to cheat with this game. I found the game overs VERY hard to get.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:43 am

Yeah, I'm following that path. Think I'm about 50% of the way through Tsugumi's (thought I ended up on Sora's path due to that HUGE chunk of time between responses so I restarted and skipped my way back ... to find out I missed nothing!). I fucking hate Sora. Oh god. She's so ... bland.

[spoiler]Though ... I guess that's kind of her point. That and I've skipped every Sora scene possible in favor of Tsugumi so maybe she's more interesting if I did those too but ... I doubt it. I skip her dialogues, after reading it of course >>, just due to not wanting to hear her deliver lines like a robot.[/spoiler]

As for Coco, it was more "I don't recognize the voice but if it's terrible, not even having pink hair can save you!" since a friend recently pointed out I apparently have recently developed a massive "OMG!" to tsundere lolis with pink hair. I say if you cannot love Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) or Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku) then you are inhuman. Or something. I do agree to having a massive "OMG!" to tsunderes though ... though I don't really think I can say Hinagiku really is one (close?).

Incidentally, I want to say Coco's voice is from Tokyo Mew Mew (Pudding?) but ... I don't want to admit to having seen Tokyo Mew Mew so ... let's just not go there.

Edit: Irony.

Sora
[spoiler]"And when I'm under you..."
"Under ... me ...?"
"........."
"........."

I laughed.[/spoiler]

Edit: Cheating? Oh ... that. I meant Tsugumi's line was totally cheating. It is, as a guy, impossible to refuse that. That is all.

I also see the cuteness overload incoming but I had to take the time to grab this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:02 am

Aww, lol!

Sora:
[spoiler]Yeah, only her "secret" scenes are her saving grace which is why I mentioned before it's NICE to be able to just skip through the shit.

It's HARD to get the wrong path in this game. Just follow the basic rule of: be nice and stick by the girl's side NO MATTER WHAT.[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:14 am

Blame the Excel thing for mentioning that Tsugumi is "harder." Yeah ... about that ...

Sora
[spoiler]Sora hiding at the Chicken Stand during the Kick the Can game ... was adorable. I have no idea why but it was. >>[/spoiler]

188 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”