Pokemon Plantinum!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Pokemon Plantinum!

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 am

just how many more of these retarded bastards are going to randomly appear?!?!
I mean, hundreds of new Pokemon appear out of nowhere every year, and no one seems to care or even notice XD

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:09 am

They release more, so that the creators can be that masters that caught them all.

It's clearly a conspiracy.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:58 am

Don't talk smack about Pokemon, man.

It's extremely popular and it's probably going to get you lynched in a lot of places.

Probably even here if I were still such a rampant fan. I'm still picking this up though.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am

Platinum is going to be my first Pokémon game. I want to find out what all the fuss is about over this series.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 pm

I own Blue (Green) and Silver, I could care less about any pokemon that came out after those :P

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm

I'll end up properly IV/EVing things, never ever actually battling someone else with them, and otherwise spending way too much time on this ... for no good reason.

I hate myself :(

That or I'll manage to distract myself totally with way too many other games and ignore this. That'd be nice ...

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm most likely going to get this when it comes stateside, then only use pokemon from the original 2 generations, kinda like I did with the Sapphire version my brother gave me :P

time to make another uber Scyther :D

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm

I have no idea why I keep buying new Pokemon games, but I will probably buy this one, too. Yeah...I'm weird...I used to really like playing them, but now they're just 'meh'. I guess I'm hoping to 'rediscover the magic'? XD Yeah.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:49 am

You're missing the big picture.

It isn't the exact same thing with different names. You're forgetting the variety in the characters themselves, and this is part of the reason why everyone wants a GSC remake rather than anything new, they ALL liked Gold/Silver better than the present generation of Pokemon games (lolis know why). Furthermore, in each generation, there's a new place. Your way of thinking, from what I see, appears to be very narrow-minded, and you fail to be able to appreciate the fact that there's at least SOME effort in attempting to mix things up a bit - each of the continents has their own unique landmarks, and even XD takes place somewhere totally different from your typical Pokemon game. Even the appearances have been refined over the generations. And there HAVE been new Pokemon. People don't seem to appreciate that, either!
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:20 pm

There's characters in Pokemon? When did this happen?

Anyway, I own all the Pokemon games (don't judge me) and, quite frankly, if you've done one Pokemon, you've done them all. The basic premise and the basic journey is the same. Whatever, not a problem it works for them I don't care but it takes some serious reaching to claim the games change a lot between them. Sure, I go to a different city each time but it's not "BRAND NEW GAME EXPERIENCE," and it really is the same thing with different names (and more Pokemon so we now have, what, 300 useless Pokemon and like 30 really good ones, not counting ubers?)

That said, to EXPECT it to be vastly different that is a bit much so ... whatever. I mean, what do you want? There's going to be LET'S GO GET BADGES and then OMG EVIL ORGANIZATION and finally ELITE FOUR FINALE. It's not something to mess with so it just comes down to what happens between them all that's different ... which is actually a whole fucking lot, really, though you'll be going through the "same" locales (ie, the forest with bugs, that cave you need Flash, a tower with Ghosts, that road you have to be on your Bike, etc.) but, in the same sense, this isn't exactly something "new" and unique to the Pokemon series.

I just want the next gen of Pokemon to come as opposed to this :( I want more mechanic revamps, new attacks since D/P actually did quite a bit, and so-forth. Also, I want to see what new things they can do to make me kill them horribly in regards to breeding for IVs and moves.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:48 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:46 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:53 am

64 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”