What are you watching? (TV/Movies)

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you watching? (TV/Movies)

Postby heprea » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:26 am

ash vs evil dead, pretty good :O

Mole-chan I....

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Finished South Park, also watched all of the current episodes of Star vs The Forces of Evil. So now I just have to wait for it to start again. At least there's a Stevenbomb this week.

Edit: Started watching the Sonic Boom tv series. So many silly jokes that are totally jokes I would make.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Deutschland 83 ended recently, which was depressing as I really loved that show. Seriously advise watching it.

We're now watching Trapped, which is an Icelandic crime drama, naturally the Walking Dead, as obviously, and right now Azumanga is on. As Azumanga is incredible, even after all this time.

[ | | | | ]

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Don't know if this would be better here or elsewhere but... So about Rouge One:

I was looking forward to this movie; I'm not anymore. Disney does not know what they are doing or attempting to try with this film. First they wanted the spin-offs to be different than the PT/OT/NT, essentially being, that they would be experimental. Then they didn't like the Director's take on it and wanted it to be more 'Star Warsy'. Now they want to remove Star Wars elements from it... They need to make up their *expletiving* mind!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:17 am

im still cautiously optimistic about it. I'm sad it won't be dark and weird but I think something being more like classic star wars isnt a bad thing either

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:42 am

Although late to the party, we've just started watching Vikings. Just about to finish the first series which is really good so far. We tried years ago, but didn't enjoy it at all. Most likely because our dodgy Internet connection at the time made it look awful and therefore I couldn't see what was happening.

About to start series 2 of Mr Robot, the first series I really liked so I'm hoping it keeps going.

Recently started watching ReLife on Crunchyroll which is surprisingly good too.

[ | | | | ]

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Got back into Steven Universe, the series did get better in terms of story and character development.
And I love Ruby and Sapphire so much, Garnet represents well the idea of a happy and healthy relationship. :3

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:10 am

i for one loved Rogue One and felt it was more of a star wars movie than The Force Awakens could ever dream of being

this is not a popular opinion

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:20 am

I've seen it twice now and enjoyed it both times, especially loving how it all wraps up. That being said, it didn't give me the same emotions and nostalgia cocktail that 7 game me in-theater.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:09 pm

I noticed the stormtroopers followed their training.

But jokes aside, I thought it was good. Many parts left emotional impacts on me, which for a Star Wars movie, felt refreshing. Darth Vader was snarky as usual, but way more terrifying than in the original 3 movies. It was kind of interesting that

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Been watching the TV series Lucifer. I love this series so much right now. Lucifer is an intriguing character (and hilarious), and I really want to learn the whys and hows of everything ;w;. Plus, I love true crime shows, it's like a detective show + satan and I love it.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:29 am

I love satan but not detective shows, but it's on my list of things to try.

-PLA

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

Am I the only one getting very tired and bored of The Walking Dead now? I'm up to date (not with Sunday 19th's episode as we see them on the Monday in the late evening) and it's just a bit boring now....

[ | | | | ]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Same, honestly. It seems the only things that happen are on the season premier, mid-season finale, mid-season premier, and the season finale. The episodes in between are just stretched filler for the most part.

The comics have been pretty good these days, but nothing amazing.

-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 pm

I could never get into Walking Dead, but I think I was too burnt out on zombie stuff by the time that show hit the screen.

I have been watching way too much Elementary, and just when I thought I was well and truly over crime procedurals. I read the Sherlock Holmes stories in high school and I've loved them ever since. This show treats the source material really well with funny little nods here and there while still reinventing it in a new and interesting way. I even like it better than the BBC Sherlock series! Each show has its strengths, but Elementary has won me over according to my tastes. I like character development, I like healthy adult friendships/partnerships between men and women that never become romanticized because god help the next person who says to me "men and women can't really be friends," because I WILL punch them, and I like that this version of Sherlock is slightly less of an "I'm special and super smart and better than everyone and unapologetically an asshole" than the BBC one. And lord help me, I need Watson's wardrobe.

1706 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”