School!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1199 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: School!

Postby PLA » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:14 am

^ Crush your adversaries! :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am

Wow, Yuna is not just awesome athletically, but also academically!
Were you exposed to some strange astronomical phenomenon perhaps as a child? Phlebotinum maybe?
Anyway, *\o/* Go go super-Yuna! *shakes pompoms*
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ClefdeSoll
Ragelope

Postby ClefdeSoll » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 pm

I've been to so many school because I keep on moving @__@;;;

I'm currently in college, waiting to be accepted in Computer Technologies. Right now I'm doing my basic classes left, philosophy (x2), P.E., English (Quebec has a pretty weird school system okay, don't ask). I was in Graphic Design for three years, and there's been drama between my parents, which left me close to homeless (the stress at home was too much to bear, so I ran away to a city two hours away from them... to basically live as a parasite at my gf's friends' places. It was horrible.)

And since Graphic Design is a) not really my thing and b) associated to all this crap, I decided to change programs but since they didn't accept anyone in the winter, I'm stuck waiting to be transferred in September.

Now I just really feel the need to rant out all my frustrations about the school I'm in right now.

First off, it's a French school. I live in Quebec, so I live in the French part of Canada. The English teacher gives up assignments I could fill out when I was in Secondary school. It wouldn't be as bad if it didn't imply a whole load of "do your research on your own, at home, and fill out this weird exercise, AT HOME, and prepare an oral presentation about things I will never tell you so you have no idea how to do, while in my class I will teach you about verb tenses. Oh, and you don't have the right to talk about anything that is not my class, EVER, even if it's in English." It's a real pain. As you can see, my English is pretty good and I don't even NEED that class, compared to everyone else in it. I wrote a whole damn novel in English in a month, give me literature classes instead and I'll be delighted.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I don't have Internet at home; but the teacher doesn't care because I'm probably the only one in class who's in that situation. And we're supposed to write about the program we're in, and right now, I'm in none, so I need to do twice as much work as everyone else even though I'm already more fluent than everyone in English.

My other classes are fine, though, and my P.E. is rock climbing, which is kind of fun even though I have a horrible physical condition.

Now this was my situation last month; now we're on a stupid strike that's going on and on forever and with no clue as to when it'll end. Every week they vote, and every week we learn that it's going on for another week. If there hadn't been any of this, I'd finish school in a month and a half; now I'm sure to finish in July. They're fighting against the rise of University costs, but it just sounds all so ridiculous now.

Just let me finish this stupid session so I can actually go in what I like? I'd like that plan. But our school is locked up and teachers refuse to answer to emails, so even if we WANT to work and not finish later than everyone, there is nothing we can do about it. |D;;

Wow, that's a pretty long ranting right there, I'm sorry!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 pm

@Yuna being smart: I still think I am the superior 16 year old ItLer, despite all evidence to the contrary! >:[

@Trouble Clef :3

...School strikes are usually resolved fairly quickly, as they effect a lot of people, students and teachers make up a big portion of the population. Hope it works out for you though, it sucks to be caught up in that.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 am

^ University-costs are pretty srs bsns, though. They determine if more studious people or more rich people receive higher education.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Also the university system is bloated and worthless. Fucking general education requirements.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Also the university system is bloated and worthless. Fucking general education requirements.

ClefdeSoll
Ragelope

Postby ClefdeSoll » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Yeah, but they're screwing with OUR current session T^T I was finally doing good in rock climbing, but now I'll be all out of shape and stuff when we go back x'D;;; OH WELL not like I've ever been any good in PE.

I also learned the other day that starting on the 15th, teachers get paid double. So no doubt they don't really mind if it doesn't end. And last vote was 60% for the strike, vs. 40%... And people around here love strikes because "yay no school!" like a bunch of high schoolers. =___=;;;;

At least I'm in transition and not in my actual program... Damn I would have hated missing out on coding classes. (but then again, strikes have been going on every session for years, so who knows if I'll really be safe in autumn on that...)

I'm gonna finish school in July, sob.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:40 am

-PLA

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 am

just kill yourself, zamisk

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 am

Not until you check out my sig

Not until you check out my sig

:3

-PLA

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 am

oh god, why did I stay up until 2AM playing Melty Blood?

I have class in like, 5 hours :V

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 am

I applaud you. XD

HISTORY OUTLINE FFFFFF
just finished an English project (which was to draw a comic page about the Iranian hostage situation)

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

ClefdeSoll
Ragelope

Postby ClefdeSoll » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Why can't MY school projects imply drawing comic pages? D:

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 am

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

1199 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”