School!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1199 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: School!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 am

So...
DO NOT USE ANY OF THE FORMS ON THE WEBSITE OR PRESS ANY SUBMIT BUTTONS!!!!!!

Did we get that out of the way? Good. The reason: they work. So, if you submit a conference registration form - guess what, you are really e-mailing this Treasurer. So... DON'T DO IT! But, there is validation text in that form AND if you click on the "email" form on the front page of the site, a captcha opens up. I hated the damn thing and thought it was ugly so found a way to hide it.

Anyways :3 Tomorrow is my big presentation AND I wanted to let you guys see what has kept me away for so long and what I have been working on so hard. Unfortunately you cannot see the Administration section. I MIGHT let you guys have access later... dunno... prolly not... but at least you can see the main website that my client will hopefully use:

http://cis.luzerne.edu/~pf0004/index.php

*deep breathe* please be kind T-T my god I'm so nervous. My client loves it, though... so.... *gulp*

Anyways, this is the "current" that I am replacing: http://npppa.com/
Oh! And I've even created an icon to replace the one on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northeast ... 7742028702

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue May 01, 2012 4:39 am

Come on... Just one lemonparty link :<

Kidding, looks great. Really slick and professional. Good work, and it'll be nice to see you back more.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 am

^_^ Thanks Zamisk! Also I edited that above post. I forgot to include an item.

It will be great to be back on here a lot more. And hopefully try to catch up with EO updates. I REALLY owe Sirth and while his posts may not be "my" quality - I seriously owe him for being awesome enough to post those updates!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 am

Yes, slick and professional were what I thought too. It looks really good, Maxine! :)

Small suggestions would be to
- make the main title at the top larger. As it is, the welcome box draws more attention than the actual title.
- see if you can make the welcome box a little smaller. On my laptop, I almost didn't see the changed part of the page when using the navigation labels. That's a pretty small screen though, and I don't have Firefox set up in the most space-saving way.
- make the 'read more' buttons smaller/stand out less. Just as with the main title, the buttons draw more attention than the text they go with.
- use the logo next to the main title. Logos are meant to be memorable shorthands. So why not have visitors see it right away and remember your site?
- check the captions for the photographs. They seem a little inconsistent, varying from just the photographer's name to a title and a name to a (c) and a name.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 02, 2012 5:41 am

XD I WON!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

I WON!!!!

:3 It was a tie, but it was such a win for me! And I'm very happy for the guy that tied along with me because he deserved it just as much as I did.

OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 02, 2012 7:16 am

There was a competition too? I thought it was only a graduation project? Congo rats either way! :)
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 02, 2012 3:36 pm

It's both!

Our graduation project is to be set up with clients and create websites for them. THEN we are judged on these websites by people that are in that actual field. To do this, the judging takes place in this Presentation night. There are five judges. Four of whom who judge us based on the visual side. And then our coding-genius teacher who taught us is the fifth judge and he goes in and tries to break our code or inject malicious code. Tries to find our security flaws.

While the fifth judge takes place outside the event, the judging for the visual side takes place during this big presentation night. And then they rank us, but the major criteria for the judging is "HOW WELL DID WE MEET OUR CLIENT'S NEEDS?"

And even though this class is a competition, we are still expected to help each other out. We cannot ask our teacher for assistance - he's just there to make sure we are doing our work and following the guidelines - but we could seek out help from our previous teachers if needed as well as look online for things.

The technologies we use are completely up to us. I chose php but I could just as easily have chosen Ajax or ASP or even JSP. Again, though, it's all about what the client wants and what we think would best achieve that goal.

:3 And the winner gets their name etched on this plaque that is hung up inside our building. ^_^ It's a very big thing with a lot of pride attached. o_o I was so nervous. The counselor for our department said she was really cheering for me. There are so few women that enter into curriculum (without dropping out) and make it to this competition that she likes to see females win this! :3 I hope I lived up to her expectations!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 pm

:) I can see your big smile from here.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm

*^_^*

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Last tests is done. Final checks on major paper tonight, and then I will study no more forever.

EDIT:

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Just two more finals @_@;;

With one in an hour and a half.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri May 11, 2012 11:29 pm

I had a stress nightmare that I was in the final week of classes and hadn't attended/turned in work for months, and wouldn't pass my classes, and and and it was so scary

and then I woke up and was just like, "wtf"

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 pm

AP tests are next week nooooooo D:
AP World and AP Language ><

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 am

AP Lang test tomorrow
go go go go

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 am

done until fall

1199 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”