Touhou Danmaku series! - And others

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

842 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 pm

but he was male...

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:23 am

or is he?!?!
[hide]yeah he is[/hide]

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:59 am

knowing some of the more... rabid Touhou fans, the demo will likely surface on the internet sometime soon XD

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, Touhouians, Reitaisai 8 has been rescheduled for May 8.

So yeah.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Right, was told a couple days ago by an acquaintance of mine.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Waiting is fun!

[spoiler]I want to stop waiting so bad...[/spoiler]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:01 pm

DX

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Ten Desires was released online today.

Just sayin'

Edit: And it looks like [hide]Yuyuko[/hide] and [hide]Kogasa[/hide] are back. OH MY GOD

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 am

So apparently aside from returning characters, there's [hide]a dimwitted but loyal Jiang Shi/Chinese Vampire who can eat anything[/hide], and [hide]a embodiment of mountain echoes and can reflect sound waves[/hide].
When you're alone, always remember:

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:57 am

hsien-ko is my favorite touhou

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:46 pm

It was very fun, but I couldn't grip the control style (WASD and mouse) and it gets boring when your friends start playing and don't stop talking about it when your done playing. Also, I meant easy mode, its hard for him on easy mode, disgraceful.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:33 am

I didn't spend as much time actually playing as making goofy ships and sending them all to my friends to fight.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 am

Been playing the Ten Desires demo. 1cc'd Normal with all 4 characters and 1cc'd Hard with Marisa (barely...god damn stage 3 boss).

As usual, everything is awesome.

Music...welp, I think my old favorite stage 1 theme from Mountain of Faith just got kicked out of that position...hard. Stage 3 boss theme is made of complete win too.

Bosses...[spoiler]Yuyuko oh wow...and holy hell Kogasa too? Dammit girl this makes like, what, your 4th appearance (UFO stage 2 midboss & boss, UFO extra stage midboss, and now 10D stage 3 midboss)?

Yoshika Miyako (Stage 3 boss I believe)...please send your final card to the nearest car fire to die or Z Saber to be smacked upside the head by, thanks.[/spoiler]

Gimmicks seem like they will take a bit of getting used to. I do like the new death meter that, once filled up, you can activate for up to 10 seconds of expert enemy killing basically. Trying to collect the purple & green spirits for life & bomb pieces kinda suck. Hello danmaku wall of death blocking them half the time unless you know exactly what will drop those specific souls so you can grab them before the incoming bullet wall arrives :P.

Characters...Youmu seems to be the gimmick shot type in this game. Her focus shot basically wrecks whatever gets in its way, but needs to be charged up first before it can be launched.

Reimu is Reimu, duh.

Marisa...Master Spark bomb that can be aimed. Yes please.

Finally...Sanae. She seems to be like MarisaB from UFO (Spread mania!). Whee.

Thinking I'll try to clear Hard with the 3 others characters I have not yet done so with, then await the full game.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

842 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”