Work!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

390 posts
Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Work!

Postby Twat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 am

why brag about us going out for lunch together

whhhyyy

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 pm

My boss is gone all week!

PARTY AT THE BOOKSTORE

I ain't doing shit!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm

The problem is then someone will be like WHY DID YOU GO WITH HER AND NOT ME.

If only I could just sneak off on lunch without anyone knowing.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Just eat something they all find disgusting every day. Like monkey brains. They'll be backpedaling so fast they'll trip over themselves.

-PLA

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Someone has been forging my initials.

In response to this, I have begun trolling them.

Drawing the letters in exquisite, impossible-to-replicate, drop-cap-esque art
Writing in foreign script
Using the name "Albert", "Alfonze", "Alfred", etc. (a joke off of "AL")
Dabbing my finger in red ink and writing "HELP ME"
Forging her initials

I do this on a document that she is either going to forge my initials on or a document for herself, as I know who it is and she will be the first person to see it. She will probably still be able to get a fresh print and just use my initials again, but the kicks I get from imagining her response to seeing this is exhilarating.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Nicely done

-PLA

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:35 pm

MAXINE

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/techn ... wanted=all

THEY'RE PUTTING YOU OUT OF A JOB

(call centers taking drive-through orders at McDonald's)

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 am

:O

shhhhhhit. That is the last thing we need.

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

Ugh, I'd hate that. I can't stand doing the same thing all day anymore. I've done everything I could to move out of the repetitive restaurants and into places where I can move around and switch things up.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:46 am

People have begun calling me "Amère" as of late.

A play on my name, Amari. Very clever. I am almost impressed.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 am

So I'm dreading work tomorrow. -_-;

I've had a toothache for the last few days. A bad one. But of course you can't get ahold of a dentist on a holiday week. So Tuesday night I was trying to manage on IBProfen. One of the side effects of too much IBProfen is vomiting. I've been taking it pretty regularly and probably abusing it just a little - but not THAT badly... still, I was in pain *cough* so I might have taken two or so too many.

But it doesn't help and Tuesday night (4 or 5am) I was like "god I have work tomorrow... dad has vikadin(probably mispelled)" I went downstairs to try to find it instead mom was up and gave me one of her perkasets(fuck these med names).

I go to bed and wake up with more toothpain and my stomach was upset a bit. I call work and we strike a deal I would come in to work 12-2 for lunch and come home. No sooner do I get off the call but I'm grabbing my trashcan and hurling. o_O; And I did this several more times...

maybe too much info . After the third time I feel so absolutely disgusted, degraded, sick, and just downright in tears I just call work back and say I'm not coming in that "I started throwing up from the pain."

o_O Which I don't know if this was the truth, or if it was the liberal use of IBProfen, or my mom keeps beating herself up that she gave me the perkaset on an empty stomach and she has made her ownself sick that way. Fuck, it could be a combination of all three in addition to the fact that I have the weakest stomach ever as well! Hell, it could have been a random stomach virus with all the luck I have in the world!

I was so worried, though, about what did cause it that I decided to not take anything for my tooth pain and just get the drugs out of my system. No IBProfen in case I did abuse it. No perkaset since I definitely wasn't eating anything. And I didn't even risk Tylenol. -_-; It was not a good situation yesterday.

-_-; What a lame ass call to work, though. "My tooth hurts. I'm throwing up." *sigh* And I'm not exactly going to EXPLAIN the whole degrading scenario to them. >_< So, they'll just have to take the weak ass excuse and think whatever they want of me. So fucking embarrassing. I'm sure they're going to let me know the full extent of their displeasure. :(

Good news is: at least I stopped around 4pm in time to do my potato salad and woke up and my tooth pain was practically gone with just a few tylenol (still keeping away from IBProfen for a while). So I still manged some to have a good Thanksgiving. >_>; Think I shoulda stayed away from the pumpkin pie. Forgot that stuff was just gooey and bit down harder than I intended. That kinda lit up my life a little bit -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:13 am

Aww, poor Maxine! D : I had one of those recently. It was the kind that makes you hit your head against the wall or the floor repeatedly just because that feels better somehow. @.@ I always hate having to call in to work.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:42 am

-_- Well, the manager that was on, a swing who is kinda haughty and we have our up and down moments, wouldn't even look at me today much less speak with me. :\ I'm about fed up with her enough to just say that trying to stay on her nice side is a waste of my precious time and effort. *sigh* But my GM wasn't too upset about it and he even noted that I still looked like I was in a bit of pain today (was).

LOL @ hitting the wall: that's exactly what it feels like. Thankfully it seems the gum swelling has gone down substantially and as long as I'm careful about how I eat, the pain is not even noticeable. An ignorable ache. Worlds of an improvement.

-_- I can't wait to get out of the fast food industry so I can get a real job that offers REAL health insurance and not just some bullshit plan "give us 60% of your paycheck and we might THINK of covering $100 of your bills." (an exaggeration but not far from it).

[] - [] - [] - []

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:18 pm

You may have posted about it before, but what kind of job are you looking to move toward? What kind of work do you want to do?

390 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”