Work!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

390 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Work!

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:05 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:23 pm

Hahahahaha jobs.

...I need one ;O;

I'd work at the grocery store, but I don't want some union taking my money. Nothing else is within comfortable walking distance, though, and I don't have my own car yet ;~;

I could walk a little farther to the main shopping center, but I'd be all sweaty in whatever uniform I'd be wearing.

But, you know.....moneeeeey. Money to buy games, DVD's, books, and plush anime girls. I need that [s]little Yuki Nagato[/s] money.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm a manager in a call centre for an airline, we recently axed all of our offices and call centre staff in the USA as they were all crappy, incompetent and afraid of conflict. Owing to this it's meant that we're getting an influx of US passengers who are used to getting the world out of us, and are now realising that they can't hold a sale ticket for three months, you book now or you go away. They don't like that, try and complain to a manager and I say I'm not taking that call, go away. Tell them to go away as well.

It's a great place to work, but the hours are crap and I've never understood why everyone is so fussy about such unimportant things - like seats. Does it really matter where you're sitting? You're going to be at the back of the plane as you can't afford $1600USD to fly business, no one wants you, every seat is as good or bad as the other. It's really not important!

Then there are the people who think they are important because they work for a rich company who pays $10,000 for a single flight and think that they should be treated like gods. Newsflash, that's not your money paying for the flight. The moment you earn that money and pay us, I'll care. But then you'll be a nice person as you'll actually value money.

Bah.

That being said, the same company I'm bitching about got me to Japan in Business and First class for next to nothing, so I shouldn't complain as it's a good place to work. Shame about customers though.

[ | | | | ]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:36 am

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Nah, I have read those stupid forums and I still believe that it makes no fucking difference where you sit. Not a single bit. If you're travelling down the back, then no one cares and all the seats are equally as small as the next one. The window seat is only good if you want to look out of it, and even then the FA will close the shutter anyway, and if there's turbulence they're meant to close the shutter as it's regulations. Only because that way if something goes wrong then you're eyes are already adjusted to semi-darkness.

Arsehole customers don't get anywhere with me, you're rude to me, the phone goes down and then when you phone back you'll come straight back through to me (as I make sure of it) and if you're a twat again, you're going to be hung up on. The customer is always right thing is so full of that false American bullshit it makes me sick. It's like those eternity rings thing, or the controversy that Russell Brand has caused at the VMAs this year. He's just saying the truth and as it's not false enough it's a big deal.

Bah. Fuck the lot of it.

[ | | | | ]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

I get really terse and very "serious-Kino polite" with rude customers. I start tossing 'sir' and 'ma'am' around like they're profanity. Usually I find that being kind and genuinely helpful/understanding 90% of the time gets me a calm, decent, grateful customer. I have yet to get a really irate customer as manager, but it's bound to happen.

I do have some horror stories of just total fuck-you-bitch type assholes.

Oh, and this didn't happen to me, but we had a customer slap a stack of DVDs/a girl's face once. She was carrying a stack of return video out and he asked her for XTitle and her response was something like "if you wait until I'm at the Xs, we can find out"
Well, he didn't like that, so we have him on camera open-palm slapping the side of her face/the stack of DVDs. The DVDs go everywhere and the girl just starts sobbing.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:26 pm

I'd've banned the man from the store for life. Simple really. You don't need that sort of customer.

I'm very fortunate that it takes a lot for a customer to really wind me up, and I flatly refuse to call anyone sir, they are Mr Passenger's Name or no name at all. I just don't acknowledge who I'm speaking with. As I don't get wound up, I tend to get things done without hanging up on people, or banning them from travelling or whatever, but there's always the odd few who I want to shoot.

[ | | | | ]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 pm

The dumbass rented a movie afterward -- all while being bitched at by other customers who saw what he did. We got all his info and called the cops, and told him and his wife (who he probably beats) to never come back. CoWorker decided not to press charges since the video makes it hard to tell if he's hitting her or the DVD stack (and she wasn't seriously hurt, just understandable upset).

The store manager does have the general rule out there that the moment a customer starts using profanity/starts screaming, we can kick them out no problem. He's especially insistent that we girls get treated right, which even the raging feminist in me appreciates since we get some crazy hicks who attack us sometimes based on our gender.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:53 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:45 am

Not as bad as the gaming magazine publications they make. :[ Even just the covers make me want to buy it just to send it through a shredder but profiting off me will just make them sell more... I think it is mostly in the Americas and Europe that they try to market this garbage unfortunately.

As for the topic of work, I draw a lot of money from being a big nothing so I haven't really gotten a single job in my life as I've had enough money to sustain myself (I have rich heritage). Though for the sake of doing something with my life I'll hopefully be volunteering at a nearby hospital later this year. :]

Before anyone can ask, I'm 20.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:26 am

For a while I was a subscriber to EGM. Then I just got fed up with the consistent misogynistic writing and articles like "What to get your girl for christmas" that included lines like "Girls like cute animals and nesting, get them Animal Crossing" or "Kingdom Hearts has disney and that's cool. Plus you can be the hero when you step in and beat the big bad boss for her"

AGGHRERW

@work

Geeez Zandrena!! I wish I was rich ;____;
My parents are good people but we are poor. I work to pay my bills while attending school, which between scholarship and my parents I'm able to pay for just barely. It pains me to see how my parents clearly struggle with finances despite both of them working full time.
My mother is a teacher though, so of course she makes dick for pay. My father works long hours, weekends, and is always volunteering his time to the boy scouts.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
390 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”