General Writing

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1352 posts
Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: General Writing

Postby Starfe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 am

Double post cause I actually wrote. I quite like this next bit, I think its better when read out loud.

Last edited by Starfe on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Starfe » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:44 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 am

I can't decide whether to include this secondary main character in my finale or not.

It's one of those situations: do I let my heroine go off and fight her battle alone
or
hero and heroine ride off together and succeed as a team! power of love~

which ironically somehow this version became more love story than the other version. what the hell...

the idea of not having this character anymore for the REST OF THE STORY which is like ten more chapters long is killing me.

I flipped a coin to decide and I actually became seriously depressed when it landed on the MC-Solo side.

T-T

Think I may give in and write the story with him in it. Then do a version without him and see which one I like better.

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:55 am

Sounds like a plan.

@Garrett: *coughIndigoProphesycough*

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:57 am

Oh no he wouldn't disappear. He would reappear in the last 'oh this is the end of the book' chapters.

I think it would be more dramatic if he were there. But still I have the old school thinking: at the end, the hero is alone and must take on their challenge themselves.

^_^ Like that scene in my favorite movie The Labyrinth. "No I have to do this alone." "But why" "Because that is the way it is done" "Well then if that is the way it is done then that is the way you must do it but... should you need us..." "I'll call."

And it worked really nice in the first edition of my book but now in this rewrite I'm not sure it fits. I actually can't even see HOW I could disconnect this character in a believable way. Especially when I've placed more emphasis on him. The character has gone out of his way several spots in the book to be included in what she is doing and in this extreme scene to him suddenly just back down and be like "oh, ok, see you later, babe" doesn't fit.

[] - [] - [] - []

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 am

I want to ask but I'm not going to. After writing 400+ pages of what I view as probable crap I don't think I could stomach insulting another writer's work. >_> At least they are published.

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 am

There's a part of the game where one of the main characters has to choose between leaving with his girlfriend for Florida or staying behind and finishing the murder case he's working on. If you decide to have him leave, then they live happily ever after and you never hear about him again. If you decide to have him stick around out, then they break up and you never hear about him again.

Sadly this is not the worst part of the game.

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:47 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:34 am

My God I'm so glad I decided to bring this character into this. It has made everything three times more dramatic. :3 I got to be very mean to my poor characters.

Tch, I so many problems with the scenes still. *sigh* Most of them I kind of half assed a few fight scenes. x_x God they need cleaned up in the worst way and I don't think I presented the climax scene dramatic enough. The worst part is my 'big reveal' moment but... o_O I feel it became more info dump than *gasp* moment... uggg... :( I'm going to delete it and retry again I think. I might just spread more of some of this stuff into other parts of the story.

I still have to write my final epic-battle scene. o_O so nervous.... I really need to work on the actions for my characters and how to write battles. I might drag down one of my books and analyze deeply how other writers do it. You would think that as much as I read that this would be a cinch but...

*sigh* I really need a writing buddy to compare notes with. ... Maybe I should invade the nanowrimo forums and see if I can find a buddy like that. What the heck... I use to have a lot of writing buddies in my life... what happened :(

... This version came out so much longer. At page 535 and I'm still not done. Compare that to the old version which was like only 300 some pages.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am

If anyone is interested, I posted the first five chapters of my story up on my LJ. Now this has NOT been edited. So mistakes abound. And I'm sure I could use a hell of a lot more sensory and emotional detail. It will come. This is just bare bones first draft of a secondary version of my story.

http://maxine-magicfox.livejournal.com/ ... gon%20will

[] - [] - [] - []

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 am

Had a very bizarre experience last night at the pub in which,

Pretty sure theres a story in here somewhere.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 am

So...did you take her up on the offer?

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:45 am

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 am

I wrote this, and now you can read it. If you do, let me know if any of it was hard to follow or if there was anything I can improve on. Aside from adding details, which I kind of skimmed out on.

1352 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”