General Writing

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1352 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Not related to NaNoWriMo, but I have no where else to put it. This is for my Little Questor novels.

I need some ideas for a dragon harness. I do NOT want a traditional saddle and some reins like a horse. This won't do. I need something that is going keep a rider strapped to the dragon even when its doing screwdrivers up in the sky. No "reins" are involved. And the dragon is too mighty and massive and the scales too painful for a rider to just be able to hold on. Anyone have any ideas? :\ I've been putting this problem off and off in my stories but I've reached a part where I need it now. ^_^;

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:29 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:39 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:00 am

Okay, my 'riding dragons' aka Arcadian dragons are the size of Draco to Bowin in the movie Dragonheart (sorry I had to reference it) and are based off of . The dragon Maxine fights is a LOT bigger and while riding dragons are basic western variety, this one is an amphiptere - only has wings, no legs and is very snake like.

On Arcadian dragons, the humans will sit at the neck, just before the wings. The scales on a normal dragon don't hurt, but Maxine is going to come out with quite a few bloody hands as she's climbing up this dragon's body when it's in flight.

As for Maxine's magic: she can do anything as long as she thinks it. Take an existing idea and modify it how ever she likes. So, she's likely to get the design wrong in this case, particularly when at this moment she's not even the one conjuring it. It HAPPENS. She's the reincarnation of the deity of magic, so, magic is on her side, and it will once in a while act as a sort of defense mechanism for her, which is what happens here. She is thinking back to some old school books of a dragon harness and and how she is lacking one when this dragon goes into a barrel roll but she doesn't fall and discovers that she has conjured this thing - she didn't even know she COULD magic things into existence before this moment.

Objects she will create later in include a broom, a fish pole and some hooks (she LOVES LOVES fishing.... she didn't get that from me o_O;), a 'glass' (<-- never breaks, though, and it goes through some hell) ball that her and four others fit into, and later on even creates some shovels. Her talent stops, though, at anything that is living (plants, animals, humans).

Basically, for Maxine, the sky is the limit... :3 and I even have a few surprises in store in future books for my readers ^_^.

Maxine's only problem is usually her lack of confidence in herself. Desite having some awesome powers, she doesn't really use her imagination all that greatly, so she matures very slowly :(. It annoys me sometimes, too. *sigh* She's also rash and too quick tempered. The sort who runs in without thinking - like in this situation in the story.

However, for all these words. ^_^ I think I've got a good harness design thought up. I looked up some pics of harnesses (dear GOD *eye twitch* ... Google's safety search failed me....) and I took some climbing harness designs and modified them and created something I wanted. It's just version 1, though, so I'll probably spend more time thinking on it these next few days, but I think I've got enough to stick SOMETHING into the spot to continue on with the story and come back to edit later.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:39 am

I've opted not to do Leafwood. <_< I've seen my schedule for November and it's going to be a bitch. Putting effort into an actual "real" story is not going to be good. So, I'm just going to take a story that I've wanted to do for a while and wing it like I did last year.

It will still be a fun story and will offer some firsts for me as I'm going to write it in first person POV. I've also been working on this story in note form for some time. It's one of those stories that just keep tickling. I wrote a few chapters before and it gave me a good feel, but that was quite a few months ago and the story has been evolving in my mind for some time.

Meh, I'm miffed of course that I can't do Leafwood, but, I also feel that after becoming so connected with it, I don't want to half-ass it trying to get a quick word count for NaNoWriMo, anyway. ^_^;

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:41 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:16 am

*quivers in anticipation* ... two more hours....

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 am

*sprinkles a little fairy dust on the thread*

Okay, so, November is a month and a half away. But, after the disaster of last year, I'm wanting to not only give a serious thought to the story this year, but I'm wanting to plan something designed specifically FOR this event.

Most of my NaNo projects are stories that I start that are meant to be much longer than 50000 word count eventually.

This year, I want to work on something that IS only 50000 words in length. A... long short story, I guess.

The good news is, I think for the most part I've already decided on a story that I've had in the back corner of my notebook since high school.

I called it Moonlight Witness.

Roughly my notes were just a small short story of this young high school student, a serious skeptic, who want night witnesses the descent of a young boy from the rays of the moon. It's a love story. The boy is a moon god who has descended to earth to investigate humans. His sister is curious with them and he's been pressed into learning more about them - she's a bit of a bitch.

He is not happy with being discovered the night of the descent. And he's not particularly friendly to poor "Rita" (I hate that name... that name will change) but he doesn't push her away, either. She doesn't particularly want to believe in him, but she can't deny what she saw. And he acts so strangely. She wants to stay away from him but a few situations arise that she "rescues" him from - he nearly steals, almost gets into a fight with a gang of boys, those sorts of things.

Needless to say, the two end up falling for each other. The sister is NOT pleased by the turn of events and does not like the idea of the girl knowing of them. She is then really enraged when the boy tells her that he no longer wishes to be a god. She is beaten up pretty baddly and when she wakes up in the morning, her memory is gone. She goes through the day fine, but then an event triggers her memory and it all races back, leaving her in a state of depression.

But, the boy returns, walking into her class one day. He smiles warmly as he takes a seat next to her.

It needs work and cleanup. There's some elements I wanna add and switch around. More specific than that, one of the problems I had when writing it originally there was nothing "extraordinary" about the boy. I'm thinking of tweaking that a little in some way. The Twilight-fan in me almost screams to add in a few vampire-like elements but that almost sounds corny and... very Twilight-y. I'll kill that half of me later, I promise.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:51 am

Hm. November will be a crazy month for me, but I'd like to do it...

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:02 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:37 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1352 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”