Dream land

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

716 posts

Do you remember your dreams?

Frequently
25%
Sometimes
38%
Rarely
31%
Never
6%

Total votes: 71

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dream land

Postby Starfe » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I had a weird, semi-lucid, dream wherein I was trying to count cash like I did when I worked back at the bank. But like so many things in dreams you're movements are just a lot slower than they would be in real life. I became very frustrated by my failure to count quickly and woke up.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 pm

I had a dream last night where I was having a sleepover with a few touhou characters, it was weird, everybody (including me) didn't seem to care much, and we were just watching a movie, it was pretty vivid, too.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm

A couple nights ago, I dreamed that I was shot in my left shoulder right by my neck with a shotgun. There was more to my dream before that, such as my mother screaming after what I could only assume was someone's brain matter splattering against the windshield of the car we were in (I couldn't see it happen from my ducked down position), but the thing I most remember was my blood flooding out like a gurgling brook before I woke up. I mean, I assume that's what it was. Most of my sensory perception cut off when I was hit.

edit: Brook? No, that's not the right word... Spring? Hm, better.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Dr. House, why did you steal my kitty? ;_;

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Did it have lupus?

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:33 pm

I just spent an entire dream popping increasingly deep zits.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:35 pm

that is horrifying.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

Good lord. Next time I need to barf I know what picture to look at. Dx

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:01 pm

I just had a long dream where I went out on a date with a cute girl at a mall, we hung out and got supper and then she showed me the music store where she worked and her and her xo-workers recommended me some albums. Then we got food at the food court, then went to a ferrari dealership. For some reason they let me buy one with small monthly payments. Then i drove it back to my house, parked it on the street outside, and the girl and I biked around for a little bit. I came back and there were police and firemen around the car, and a building and the road had collapsed on and under it, completely wrecking it. I freaked out about how I just bought it and hadn't insured it yet, and couldn't afford tuition or rent now. Then I woke up all scared.

That's the first dream I've remembered in months.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Meh, had a bad dream during a nap and need to get it off my chest

[] - [] - [] - []

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:29 pm

I had this really strange dream the other night:
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 pm

I had a dream I was naked and driving an 18 wheeler through a tunnel with sharp turns at 80MPH. I was so embarrassed at my drifting skills.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:44 am

I think I just had my first dream where I actually die. I mean, I woke up before it happened, but there was no sign of help coming, so I assume I was going to die.

And for some reason I clearly remember this song playing in the dream:
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:40 am

I used to lucid dream all the time. I am actually amazed at some of the "rules" they follow, though it is hard to tell what is legit or not since the facts are always mixed in with extremely dodgy stuff. My first successful reality test (and still by far my most common) is looking at a clock, looking away, then looking back. If you are dreaming it will always display a different time. Also stuff like rapidly rubbing your hands together or spinning in a circle when you feel yourself waking up, which are pretty useful tools given the inherent instability that lucidity brings to the dream (also note that 90% of the time the latter will teleport you somewhere for some reason). It also fascinates me that, whilst lucid, the dreamscape is actually persistent, instead of following the standard dream method of having doorways randomly warp to different locations and the like.

Unfortunately, I never got the hang of the whole "become god of the dream world" thing. Once I was being pursued by armed guards and I tried to manifest a gun to fight back. I managed to make one, but it was incoporeal and I couldn't touch it. I died. Another time I was some kind of monster hunter and was fighting an abomination in a desert. For some reason I was using a P-90, but it wasn't doing anything to it. I found myself thinking "I wish this thing had a grenade launcher or something..." and suddenly it did. Those are the only times I have directly influenced the dream world and that second example occured at a very low level of lucidity.

@MrTwinklehead: I die a lot in my dreams and it almost always results in me waking up immediately.
Don't Die.

716 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”