Dream land

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

716 posts

Do you remember your dreams?

Frequently
25%
Sometimes
38%
Rarely
31%
Never
6%

Total votes: 71

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dream land

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:54 am

I don't think I'd mind that being written. :3c

Would be a bit awkward for me to read, though. Lol.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:21 am

I'm on SSRIs again, and my dreams are nuts. Buckle up.

There was some kind of auction. Three characters, one is a young lady with high aspirations, another is a Charlie Brown guy, and another is Homer. The young lady has poor health care and has to get basic treatment at the hospital, where she bumps into one of the auctioneers, the woman who will be representing her for the thing she wants to sell, an ancient mask. The woman is in for having passed out from a headache. The girl decides to follow her to her primary physician. The woman explains to her doctor that she's been having headaches and can't see straight. The doctor asks if she's been kissing the mask's eyes. She says yes, for clairvoyance. The doctor explains with a chuckle that the chakra for perception is on the forehead, not the eyes, which draws a hearty laugh from them both. The woman says she'll kiss the mask on the forehead from now on to properly align her chakra. The young girl learns a bunch of weird details about auctioneers, like that if they get too stressed or uncomfortable at their podium they get a "money mister" that literally rains money at them from above to chill them out. The young girl also finds on her own a weird rule that if the auctioneer is out of commission then the owner of the item being sold represents themselves. She asks the doctor what would happen if the woman kissed a copy of the ancient mask instead of the original. He laughs and says the negative energy could kill her. She swaps the mask with a fake and the woman is sick in bed the next day. At the auction, the girl represents herself at the podium, stating that it is with great sadness she must announce that her auctioneer will not be attending, and immediately money starts falling on her as she smirks. Homer, who is the size of a mouse and lives in a terrarium, makes enough money at the auction selling Bart that he can buy an under-cage heater and get everything to the proper temperature so he can mate with Marge. However, he leaves it on too long, so all of Marge's egg spawn dries out. Homer stands crying as he looks at the scene, but Marge says she didn't want more kids anyway but to get a bigger check from the government. Charlie Brown didn't get anything sold but his auctioneer got rich on the money mist.

The end

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Your brain is a fascinating place for dreamscapes, Noodles. I love it.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 pm

Yes! (And that dream with the monkey substitute teacher on the previous page was hilarious.)

I keep a dream diary; several months can pass without a noteworthy dream, but it's more interesting than the “real life” diary I used to keep. I also started drawing some:

(My drawings are still awkward but I'm working on improving them.)

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:10 am

this is the best thing to happen to this thread

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:54 am

Your drawings are really cute ^_^
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Frogchair is the hero we deserve.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Thank you! :)

I have more, I've been uploading them (there are five pages so far, you can click on the doors, windows etc. of some drawings to see them).

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Wow, that site is amazing :o Are you some kind of super artist?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:44 am

These are amazing. I'm so glad you shared them!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:09 am

The father and son took a long road to the sea. The boy's mother had recently died and his father wanted to cheer him up. But the other side of the long bridge, with its hills and dips, had collapsed into the ocean along with the gas station they expected to refuel and buy snacks at. Their car wouldn't get them all the way back, so they were forced to get out and walk the remainder of the bridge. They quarreled, blaming each other for the mother's death. Reaching they end they stared in disbelief at the pounding black sea beneath a gray sky. This side had collapsed, too--no, rather, they had arrived at the point from which they'd just departed. Had they turned around on accident? This time they walked the entirety of the loooong bridge, now serving more like a liminal pier connecting to nowhere. Upon walking to the other side again they saw, to their horror, the same black sea, the same collapsed gas station and diner beneath the waves. They pleaded, they prayed, they fought each other. And they kept walking. It was days, maybe years later when they finally crested that last hill and saw dry land again, seeing that many others had been walking with them as well. And the trick was, they had to walk the whole length of the bridge without looking back.

716 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”